First cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopHead_32

Reaction score
After only 2 batches of brew my wife and my brew buddy's wife wanted a cider... Why not????? Just made one up while brewing a double IPA... Should have used a second blow of tube... I didn't think it would ferment that fast!! Hahaha we shall see how our first batch is in a few weeks...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393353597.252417.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393353621.579322.jpg
Much better... Almost made a mess!!

It's our first attempt at a cider so I hope it's good first batch

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You probably have some sanstar left in the cider... unless you are hoping it. Generally ciders don't have a big head.

Randzor, yeah it's SanStar.... The head is gone now due to the airlock going nuts the past 12 hours...

Pickle, it's around 64 degrees... It's in a closet in my man cave downstaira... I didn't expect it to be so vigorous this fast or at all

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393383687.776298.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1393383731.530517.jpg

Good luck. If your going to make a sweet cider, read the stove top post above.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Good luck. If your going to make a sweet cider, read the stove top post above.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks man! I luckily noticed that post a few days ago

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1394992024.244373.jpg

Just moved into the secondary (on the right)... OG of 1.052 and primary OG of 1.009... Needs back sweeting... Still a tasty first cider

Assume you meant 1.052 and 1.009 ??

I've never seen cider 'boil' that way.. In fact, I usually see VERY little activity on top of the fermenter. So far, I've only used wine/cider yeasts.. Next round will be with Nottingham.

Hahaha yeah 1.052 and 1.009 sorry about that...

I didn't think it would either compared to my beer brews. It was pretty crazy from day one until the day or two before the racking into the secondary

Back