first cider what do you think ???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexcider

Reaction score
helllo alll :fro:

i made my first cider 2 day only a very small batch just wanted to see what it will taste like befor i start making big ones and i know you all we hate this but i used non concertrate apple juice 2l from the shop but hopefully with be getting a press soon any way so i put to 2l of apple juice then 1 small table spoon of yeast (youngs cider yeast ) then about 6 large table spoons of sugar in then put the air lock on

so i have a few question

will it taste nice ?

how long do you to leave it befor putting into a bottle ?

does it need to be filtered ?????

thanks very much hope you can help

cheers alexxx :)

well. first and foremost...did you buy juice and make sure it didn't contain any preservatives at all? If not you'll be watching and waiting for a ferment to start for a LOOOOOOOOONGGG time! If it was strictly juice and yeast, and nothing else, it will ferment out all the sugar and be fairly dry....almost like a dry white wine with no real sweetness left. So it depends on if you like that taste or not. You'll leave it in the fermenter until its clear...you should really have a hydrometer though, then you can take readings and once your must is down to a consisten S.G. over the course of 4 or 5 days you could either rack into a secondary and bulk age it, or bottle it and age it that way.

Dan

Hi Alex,

I hope the brew is going well?

However, if you are in Bristol it shouldn't be too hard to ask around for local apples.. and you can get the brew kit from ebay.

Just wanted to let you know about our web site where you can find more information about making cider and where you can buy the stuff as well.

http://www.real-cider.co.uk

Cheers!

Jim C

Back