First Brew!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on your first brew!! Get it down to mid to low 60's and keep it there and your yeast will reward you with great beer. Welcome to the obsession!

GilSwillBasementBrews said:
Just means its time to brew another you'll be glad you did once the first one is gone. Build up a pipeline. Makes the waiting more beerable.

Indeed! I don't have a wort chiller yet, and since I'm using a glass fermenter I just put it outside. Hopefully it'll reach 60 degrees by morning - keeping it there might be another trick altogether... Might have to move it to the barn and see where it settles..

Indeed! I don't have a wort chiller yet, and since I'm using a glass fermenter I just put it outside. Hopefully it'll reach 60 degrees by morning - keeping it there might be another trick altogether... Might have to move it to the barn and see where it settles..

You (hopefully) did this, but in case you didn't and just got lucky this time: make sure to cool your wort down pretty well before putting it into a glass carboy so you don't shatter it.

Back