First brew night was awesome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viking_brew

Reaction score
So I brewed my first batch last night. I used Palmers Cincinnati Pale Ale recipe. I cannot believe how much fun it is. Learning how all the ingredients smell, taste and how they react when added to the wort. Measuring the OG (which was spot on by the way). Just awesome. I put the fermentor away in the spare room (sits at a perfect 70*F) around 11pm last night; this morning at 7am on my way to work I took a peek into the room and the airlock was happily bubbling away! Unbelievable. :rockin:

Now the hardest part: waiting :(

A big thank you to the entire forum here...it made this first leap a lot easier. :mug:

Congrats. Anyone else brew this beer before? Being from Cincy it intrigues me because I've never even heard of a Cincinnati Pale Ale until his book. I wonder where he got it from.

Congratulations! Welcome to the dark side, forever will it dominate your destiny!

Yea sounds to me you made it fun rather than a *task* or *mission* where everything has to be perfect and your scared of the out come.

From reading through this forum and seeing lots of posts I couldn't believe how many people prevent themselves from having fun.

My first time, I went to my LHBS picked up a kit, book, and ingredients. Flipped through a couple pages and jumped in. I learned so much as I went along. My second time fixed a few of my mistakes and learned even more mistakes. Its almost like a never ending learning experience.

Now I just have to get the temperature controlling squared away and Ill be back in the game.

Welcome to beer brewing. You've been bitten by the bug, there's a lot more down the road. What a fun hobby.

Latest posts

Back