First big-ish beer, rate of attenuation question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dienster

Reaction score
I brewed a Weizenbock based on the recent BYO recipe on the 8th. Got really crappy efficiency but that's another story.

I made a 1.5 L starter (swirling, no stirbar yet) with Wyeast Weihenstephen the day before and pitched it all into about 5.5G.

1/8 OG @ 1.078 fermenting at 62 F - 17 C
Krausen rose and fell
1/14 G @ 1.030 bumped to 66 F - 19 C
1/16 G @ 1.028 66 F - 19 C

I'm aware of the little beer = short time , big beer = longer time chart so am planning to let her ride for a while, but...

Is about a gravity point a day what is to be expected after the initial strong fermentation is finished?

I forgot to put in the yeast nutrients in the boil, I've heard of people adding nutrients/O2 later in fermentation to help kickstart the yeast. Is this something I should consider now or wait till it is completely stalled?

Do you think I'll get another 10 gravity points from this yeast if just let it be?

Thanks,
Steve

i wouldn't do o2 at this point. it seems like it's just dropping slowly at this point. keep it warm and maybe rouse the yeast once or twice a day for several days. why FG re you shooting for?

Back