First Batch from florida!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frilock

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm currently about 15-16 hours into my first batch. I got my kit yesterday (Mr. Beer, I know, just got it as a gift and so far I like it). So far you guys have helped a lot (some things I wanted to try with this first batch that I read for forums and decided against). This isn't exactly my first time in the beverage making world, just the first time making actual beer. Unforunately for me I love in an area where there's only one brew shop I've so far bee able to find (and they told me themselves they're small and just moved into they're new location [and I was like they're 3rd person in since moving a month ago]) so untill either A. I find another shop or B. they get more of their stuff in I guess I'm stuck with the Mr. Breer stuff, since its hard for me get buy things online (though my parents, who bought me the kit as gift, also bough me some refill pack so I should be good untill my shop gets on their feet). Anywho, glad to be here, I don't suppose there are too many people near the orlando area?

Frilock said:
Hey guys! I'm currently about 15-16 hours into my first batch. I got my kit yesterday (Mr. Beer, I know, just got it as a gift and so far I like it). So far you guys have helped a lot (some things I wanted to try with this first batch that I read for forums and decided against). This isn't exactly my first time in the beverage making world, just the first time making actual beer. Unforunately for me I love in an area where there's only one brew shop I've so far bee able to find (and they told me themselves they're small and just moved into they're new location [and I was like they're 3rd person in since moving a month ago]) so untill either A. I find another shop or B. they get more of their stuff in I guess I'm stuck with the Mr. Breer stuff, since its hard for me get buy things online (though my parents, who bought me the kit as gift, also bough me some refill pack so I should be good untill my shop gets on their feet). Anywho, glad to be here, I don't suppose there are too many people near the orlando area?

I'm in Miami.. There is a brew shop a couple hours south of you (an hour or so north of me). http://www.brewsouth.com/

I would suggest ordering online from Austin Homebrew, or NorthernBrewer, or MoreBeer, or ...you get the idea. Look around lots of links to online vendors here..

I just got two mr. beer kits for my bday.. I plan to make the pale ale's they came with, and then use the fermenter for Apfelwein.. :D

Welcome to the club.

I am in Melbourne. The local produce place has some stuff, not much but definitly enough to get started including equipment.

I am from Orlando also. Welcome to HBT!!! Are you talking about Heart's Homebrew? If not there is another store in the area! Heart's has a somewhat limited selection too but I am happy with their grain crush. Either way I shop a lot online. However I feel funny about shipping liquid yeast from TX in the summer.

Chris_Dog said:
I am from Orlando also. Welcome to HBT!!! Are you talking about Heart's Homebrew? If not there is another store in the area! Heart's has a somewhat limited selection too but I am happy with their grain crush. Either way I shop a lot online. However I feel funny about shipping liquid yeast from TX in the summer.

Actually the place I was talking about was BE Brewing. Its over in Sanford off of Old Lake Mary RD. Kind of tiny but they seem pretty nice. Just wish they were open more (12-4, tuesdays thru Saturday). Where is Heart's Homebrew? I'm over in Casselberry actually. BTW, your avatar photo, someone over on my other forums, (Katriders.com) has the same one. Its a Biker's Forum (one of my other hobbies, don't mix the two though). Is that a generic avatar?

Heart's is over towards OBT and All American Blvd. 436 to 434 south until it dead ends (can't remember the street name) Right and Heart's is about a mile on the left.

I can't remember where I got the avatar but yes it was free.

Chris_Dog said:
Heart's is over towards OBT and All American Blvd. 436 to 434 south until it dead ends (can't remember the street name) Right and Heart's is about a mile on the left.

I can't remember where I got the avatar but yes it was free.

All American? Really? I used to work for ACR which was on that road. I probably passed them every day.

Damn since we got a few floridians, i'm sure most of us don't mind driving.. Maybe we can schedule a future bulk buy?

hmm, i am going to have to check out this new store. thats not far from my office in lake mary. welcome, need to have an orlando brew meet.

They're a little hard to find. Best way to go is to come in off of airport. If you do that, turn towards the gas station (from whichever way you come on airport, away from the 417 bridge) and just continue down a little ways till you hit the first plaza/stripmall thing. They don't have their sign up yet, but if you go durring their operating hours (12-4, tuesday-saturday) you should see the truck out front. Its a little dinky and their prices seem pretty fair and theyalways let you sample what he's got on tap (though unless you like spicey, watch out for what he's got on right now). Just warning you though, the guy likes to talk...a lot...so if you go and start a conversation...make sure you've got about an hour or so to spare. Anywho, thank you all for your warm welcome, and I would be up for a group buy (I'm really know to this so it would help me know what to look for).

I'm more newbie than you...haven't even got beer making equipment yet! Decided to do some research first. My boyfriend has the Beer Machine. Not sure how versatile it is, but I would like to be able to make my own from "scratch".

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

Thanks,

Having fun in Port St Lucie

Hey, welcome guys!

As far as BE, they didn't just open, but they did just move. Sorry I haven't been around, life won't let me log in as much as I would like to. Just bottled up on monday, and got to 'enjoy' some of the flat left overs (which tasted just like a yeasty store bought, but it is my first batch, its not done yet, and it is Mr. Beer).

we should schedule a big get together. i know the local cfhb requires money to be apart of their club. but i would suggest we just do something informal, could be fun. i could offer up my house and we could do a cook out/brew/BS day.

let me know what you guys think.

I would like that, I'm actually scheduling a maintence day on my bike thats kind of like that. I think we should do that. Hail Florida, the land of the year round BBQ!

I might be interested too. Depends on time and what is bought.

Pale 2 Row Grain bulk purchase who is in? or can we include several different grains in a bulk buy?

Does anyone know what is the min. purchase for a bulk order?

I work at a manufacturing plant in Longwood we could ship there if needed.

I will do the leg work if someone can point me in the right direction.

I posted not long ago..before my equipment came in. It arrived last Saturday and my first batch is fermenting. Looks good so far. I made an Irish Red from a Midwest kit.

I live in Port St Lucie, FL. I would be interested in a get-together...BBQ...something like that. My boyfriend has the Beer Machine and we've made a few batches with it, and I just bought the equipment to do extract brewing. Also purchased the Party Star mini keg system and we're planning on putting his current batch (will be ready tomorrow or Friday) in one of the mini kegs to take with us on a camping trip this weekend.

Take care everyone. Count me (us) in for a possible get-together. I saw there was someone here from Melbourne, any others from closer this way?

Back