First batch bottled - thanks for help HBT!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aidan

Reaction score
I bottled my first batch of home brew, a Munich Lager from a kit. Had a glass of it while bottling and it's already very good. I had a few problems and concerns along the way and this forum has been very helpful for getting answers/solutions/recommendations.

I am definitely infected by the home brew bug, it's so cool to be making your own beer! I've even started a new blog to share my experiences. Here's the story of my first batch and all that went wrong and how I dealt with it:
http://beerandgarden.com/first-batch.
If anyone has any comments, suggestions, etc. regarding what I did (and what I did wrong) it would be awesome to get your comments on the blog.

Cheers,
Aidan

Congrats bro! One down... thousands to go! ;) Bottling your first batch is a big accomplishment, drinking it will be very satisfying knowing you made it yourself. Cheers bro, and good job!. :mug:

reminds me of my first batch a few months back (have only done 2 more since then) but still, after all the issues I THOUGHT I had, none of which turned out to matter, including attenuation problems, possible risk of infection BLAH BLAH BLAH, that batch, NB's Bourbon Barrel Porter has hands down eclipsed my 2nd attempt, NB's 3 hearted ale, which although still good, is not as outright tasty as the BBP. So, in short, congrats on your first brew, and wait until u crack that first bottle open ( 3 weeks of conditioning of course). You will really be bitten then....

Thanks guys! Yeah I'm looking forward to opening the first bottle but I'm going to wait 3 weeks to give it a fair chance. The cool thing is my friend brewed the same batch so we'll be able to do a side by side comparison to see if the extra time in fermentor and cold crashing makes a significant difference.

I've got my second batch bubbling away at the moment. I like to go take a look at it now and again, watch the bubbles - there's something mesmerising about it.

Back