First AG in the Primary!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pksmitty

Reaction score
I jumped in over the weekend. I brewed an AG version of CheshreCat's Double Chocolate Stout. :D

Had a bunch of firsts: first AG, first time using my homemade cooler MLT, first time using my homemade IC with prechiller, first full-boil, first use of my propane burner and 10 gallon kettle, and first time not popping open a beer until after the boil was complete!

I got 65% brewhouse efficiency with LHBS crush. I lost 4 or 5 degrees in my mash over an hour, so I need to find a way to improve there. Also, my strike temp came in a little low, so I had to add more hot water to the mash to bring it up to 154.

Hit the post boil gravity dead on at 1.076 (as predicted by BeerSmith, another first: first use of brewing software). Now comes the hard part, waiting. :(

Already planning my next brewday! Just had to share :ban::ban:

Congrats on popping your AG cherry.

I have a blanket I throw over my cooler mashtun. It seems to help keep in some heat.

Back