Fios

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronclark

Constant Brewer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I moved from Comcast to Fios internet late last year. The difference in cost, speed, and quality of the internet service itself are amazing. With Comcast, I had continued issues with internet interruptions. Some of these lasted for over a week and I was never credited for the time without service.

Where my Fios issues comes in is outside of the standard service. I was going through my bank statement the other day and saw that Verizon had charged me over 97 dollars where as my 1 year contracted price was 45 dollars. The cost of the program I am under is less than 97 dollars a month even at full price.

I waited for my next bank statement came to give them the benefit of the doubt. I thought that perhaps they might be billing me bi-monthly or something. Nope. I was again charged 97 dollars.

I call Verizon to find out that my free trial period for three programs I never authorized or requested had ended and these three programs (which I never used and had no use for) were now a part of my monthly bill.

At this point, I am furious. I demanded all added programs be removed immediately and all money be credited to my account and that nothing else be added to my account without my verbal consent. Of course, they had no choice because I had not authorized anything beyond my internet service.

So, they credit my money and I won't be paying for internet for over 3 months because I missed another billing as well. Just when I think I am in the clear, I get two more pop-ups on my computer. Both are from Verizon telling me that my trial period for one of the same things I canceled and another program were starting. This is after their insistence that a verbal authorization should have been given for anything added to my account.

I try to follow the pop-ups and cancel online. Nope. My phone number isn't registered to any account. I can't log in over the internet, even from Verizon email links. Nice.

So, I call again to have all new programs removed.

This is getting to be tedious.

I have dealt with similar issues with my Chase credit card in the past. They would add new protection programs for small amounts here and there that I would not notice until I was billed when I had nothing on my credit card at all. I am already tired of dealing with it from Verizon. Hopefully, I'm done with this type of issue.

Well, thanks for reading my rant. Anyone have similar issues with Verizon or Chase?

Back