Finally joined the club!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hike68

Reaction score
After many years of off and on interest, I finally brewed my first batch today, an Irish Red Ale. Kit from Midwest. All seemed to go well, time will tell I suppose. ;). O.G. Was 1.040. :mug:

Update...after three weeks in the primary, my first ever batch of brew (Irish Red Ale) is done, well almost ;). Today, I bottled a six pack and kegged the rest. The FG turned out to be 1.012 which actually turned out to be right in the range (1.010 - 1.012) of recipe sheet that came with the kit. I gave it a taste and is seemed pretty tasty for flat beer. Now I just have to be patient and wait for it to carb up. I will take a pull off the keg in a week or so. My plan for the bottles is to let them condition for at least three weeks and then give one a try. I will then try one every week or so after that to see how it progresses. At least the is the plan. :D Now I need to get my next batch going!

Update...after three weeks in the primary, my first ever batch of brew (Irish Red Ale) is done, well almost ;). Today, I bottled a six pack and kegged the rest. The FG turned out to be 1.012 which actually turned out to be right in the range (1.010 - 1.012) of recipe sheet that came with the kit. I gave it a taste and is seemed pretty tasty for flat beer. Now I just have to be patient and wait for it to carb up. I will take a pull off the keg in a week or so. My plan for the bottles is to let them condition for at least three weeks and then give one a try. I will then try one every week or so after that to see how it progresses. At least the is the plan. :D

Now I need to get my next batch going!

^^^^^ Yes you do :)

Back