Fifelee Brewery Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fifelee

Reaction score
The wife said I could design our new house and somehow a brewery fit perfectly in a corner under the stairs. Have a lot going on so updates may be spread out, but here we are getting ready for the floor.

My helper:
IMG_6718.JPG

Concrete walls on three sides...can you say complete brewery washdown.
IMG_6827.JPG

IMG_6765.JPG

My helper is ecstatic about the brewery...(really bad joke)
IMG_6731.JPG

This looks like it will be a great project! How exactly are you going to do your radiant floor heat? Is it concrete floor, then blue foam board, then pex tubing, then your actual floor? What's the floor going to be? I'm a couple hours north of you and have been thinking of putting some radiant heating in a couple of spots but have only seen it done in new construction, sunk in concrete around here. Good luck!

The concrete is poured over the blue board. It was just poured s Ill get a pic up soon.
I love many glacier so have been thru babb many times.

so something larger than a laundry sink, here I was thinking a laundry sink would be a nice upgrade lol

something I can always count on... HBTers showing me up and letting me know I can always go bigger :mug:

Yeh, I've washed kettles in a laundry sink. It is a pain. Plus a tub/sink would be great to wash the dog.

I was looking at large sinks and got sticker shock. So I am planning on getting a old bathtub from the Habitat Restore and raising it up to sink level.

*gasp* Great idea! I go to restore all the time, and I've been trying to find the right sink to install in my brewery. I might end up using an old bathtub, as well. I'll definitely letcha know if I do. Thanks!

Cold weather is finally giving me time for indoor projects.

Mockup of fermentation cabinet and sink/tub.

Building fermentation cabinet walls.

Painting all the finished walls.

Dont forget to angle that tub so it drains ;). Great looking build and looking forward to more progress.

Lots of progress, but not much to show. Got the water plumbed over, but haven't finished the actual faucet yet. Got the tub drain plumbed. The only thing to show is the back splash.

Great idea with the tub! You may want to consider a short hose (5-6 feet) with a hand sprayer along with the normal spout - very handy for cleaning chores. I also rigged a liquid line post from an old corny hooked to the water supply for quick flushing of liquid lines. A draining rack can also be easily made to fit your tub for various bits of equipment that you clean.

Now your brewery sucks. FTC! Go GRIZ Go! :)

Yep, you got us again this year. Keep thinking the cats are going be a power house then they turn into house cats when it most counts. I'd actually feel better if it was a hard fought close game, but you blew us out....again. Oh well maybe next year.
MSU class of 2000.

Great idea with the tub! You may want to consider a short hose (5-6 feet) with a hand sprayer along with the normal spout - very handy for cleaning chores. I also rigged a liquid line post from an old corny hooked to the water supply for quick flushing of liquid lines. A draining rack can also be easily made to fit your tub for various bits of equipment that you clean.

Thanks. I figured cleaning is one of the most important parts of brewing so why not make it as easy a possible. I already have the hand sprayer. Love the keg line flusher idea.

Got the water plumbed down. Then couldn't stop washing things. Man it is nice to just lay my pot on its side and rinse away.

That is awesome. Have you considered one of
1_28%20GPM%20water%20saving%20restaurant%20sprayer%20rinser(1).bmp

these for a rinser? It might be overkill but they are convenient because they won't get in the way since they hang while still being able to extend their reach.

That is awesome. Have you considered one of these for a rinser? It might be overkill but they are convenient because they won't get in the way since they hang while still being able to extend their reach.

I love those things. Wish I could justify the expensive. As a cheap mans version I was thinking about a pulley connected to the ceiling then a string with a weigh over the pulley tied to the hose. This would suspend the hose in the air. I do like the spray nozzle that sprays out the end rather then the garden gun style I have now. Wonder if they can be bought separate.

...I was thinking about a pulley connected to the ceiling then a string with a weigh over the pulley tied to the hose. This would suspend the hose in the air...

Just add a bungee cord and you're good to go.

I dig the tub- I went with a laundry-style deep sink with a raised faucet and it works fine....but I bet my keggles would be a LOT easier to clean in a tub....might have to start watching the dump!

Back