FIB War Room

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it was based on a rolling 2 year spend, so I guess it's possible if you weren't buying anything in 2018-2019 then your 2020 purchases may not have been enough to get you on the lists.

For this year, the email that went out when they updated the Rev Rewards system back in March said that it's based on your 2019-2020 points accrued.

The Deep Wood Series VIP emails for 2021-22 releases will be determined by points accrued in 2019 and 2020 — we aren’t starting from scratch. Points earned in 2021 will go toward status for the 2022-23 releases.

Rev preorder email arrived this morning

200.gif

Honestly I assume I'm riding the wave of having been buying way too much Deep Woods for years. Thinking back to buying a literal case of Cafe Deth every time it released. o_O

tenor.gif

I wonder if Dark Mode is a renamed Very Mad Cow? More importantly, I'm relieved to see that 12oz 4-packs aren't going away. 19.2oz cans of Deth's Tar look sweet AF but I can already feel the ensuing hangover.
aint their like a 5% abv difference

beeraficionado said it was closer to BA Lynott's than Very Mad Cow in the thread on BA.
And confirmed via IG that it's a completely different beer. We likely won't see Very Mad Cow again since its gravity is too low to bother putting it into a barrel. Same reason we won't see any more Genes in barrels, too. Which is all fine - whatever they're doing now is great and they should keep doing it.

Last I heard was that it was going to be switched through a couple places like Beer Temple each year, but that was back before a pandemic and Shelton Brothers being liquidated, soooo.

Someone on the ‘ole CBS listserv is absolutely IRATE that an upcoming local beer fest will require proof of vaccination to enter. His freedoms are being trampled!

Just wait until they exercise their freedom to boot him from the mailing list.
when i saw the simple heads up, i knew some old salty dog would respond. And including HIPAA in his response made my day.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were asked and turned it down because of the safety precautions they were taking and uncertainty.

I saw Michael Roper posted on a Facebook group that they did indeed make an effort to host Zwanze again this year but were not given the chance. Someone else said there is no current Cantillon distributor in Chicago and that is why. But I'm not sure if that is the case. I know DoRight was the most recent distributor when Shelton was still around but I'm guessing they haven't been able to get an agreement with the new importer(s) (whoever that is).

So Half Acre is dropping out of the wild program game for the foreseeable future. I think they were rather underrated on that area and will miss them. Anyone think this is a sign of a larger market trend or is it just a result Half Acre's current real estate situation? I am wondering if breweries that don't make mixed culture their primary focus can keep making them as what I would call a side project in this more crowded market.

I am wondering if breweries that don't make mixed culture their primary focus can keep making them as what I would call a side project in this more crowded market.
I hope this is the case. I enjoyed the Half Acre wild program, but at the same time, there are many of their beers just rotting on shelves so I can't say I'm shocked at this news. I hope they (and other breweries in similar situations) are able to find a way to produce a few interesting wild releases each year, but it just might not be feasible given the infection risk to their staples.

I made into Lincoln for the last time, around 9 last night. Had to wait about 20 minutes to get in, but it wasn't too bad. They brought out tasters of Daisy Cutter a couple of times for the line. Felt good to sit at the bar again, and have some Space, Daisy Cutter, Sticky Fat, & Gossamer. Long live the Bear.

AM-JKLUCdjK88aVjesMahUDZGdZTmEYBTYLG768yquJSpKjqQYsGJPcbso90SxD7CA2JSOV2CsGz3jyL8pPw3hu0lpPCYopuyuLyWsrTJs7uU9OD4sE4BVln3IuHYEsNFXoYLOGVCM4EDtv_bFPMwzs_B7o6UA=w486-h614

So I don’t know about this Weller VSOD from Rev. It’s very good but hell if I can tell it’s a Weller barrel. Which does make some sense since Weller isn’t exactly about huge flavor.

I’m also not loving this primal coconut. The coconut flavor is basically like coconut flakes. I can almost feel little bits getting stuck in my teeth. I don’t think the flavors came together all that well.

I still need to work through the raspberries with coffee variant. 🤞

Back