FFB Veteran League - HBT Challenge!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get one bottle wrapped and in a box, that was enough work for one day.

Todd: I just sent mine out on Monday.
Dude: I'm going to send you a BV Lager or Baltic Porter. Still aging. Might be ready about APR 26th.

Cross your fingers.

I boxed mine up tonight, hope to ship them out tomorrow after work. (all commercials)

thanks for the info...Bird, you did get mine, right?

I FINALLY sent mine today.

Everyone should get their winnings on March 4 with the exception of Cheese who should get his tomorrow (Feb 29). Congrats again to the winners!

Dude (1Z7967840397739679) & Bird (1Z7967840399635063) - just sent out yours today UPS. Cheese as well but I emailed him. Todd, I got to stop by my favorite liquor store with way too much selection to get 2 to include with the mead. Next couple-o-days.

Got it yesterday, thanks!

I'm curious about the wee heavy. I've only had one, and I liked it a lot - but the final gravity on this thing is almost as big as the starting gravity on my last batch! It ain't gonna blow up on me, is it? ;)

Naw. I was surprised, too (Geez, that sounds familiar:eek: ). But that thing is not bottle-conditioned, I used a beer gun. I tried bottling a few with Munton's tabs when I originally kegged it, but those never carbonated. The yeast is definitely done with that batch. They're definitely on the sweet side, but they taste a lot like McEwen's to me. Hope you like it!

yes, I got it, thanks. took me a minute to figure out who it was from.

Todd, decision time. I got a mixed pack of Big Sky Brewing Co brewski's. Good stuff. Choices are:
  • Moose Drool (Brown Ale - I recommend!)
  • Big Sky IPA
  • Trout Slayer Ale (Wheat)
  • Scape Goat Ale (Pale).
Your already getting my Prickly Pear Mead, what other two are you interested in? I've only tried the drool before.

DB

cool, thanks for the options. I'll take the IPA and Scape Goat please!

no clue...still kinda early but I'll say this......

NO YAHOO! THIS YEAR!

What's wrong with Yahoo? It's the only one I've used as last year was my first year, but I liked it a lot!

Go to the top right and search this thread for yahoo. 62 mentions in this thread is waay too many.

Server outage messed up our live draft. Other problems affected individual trades and lineups during theseason.

That's ridiculous. I was in 4 yahoo leagues last year that went perfectly, including the live drafts, and I just did a live draft the other day on yahoo because the bug already bit.

Dude. It happened.

Behold.

I would not dare kid about this!

Hello Yooperchick:
Unfortunately, due to server problems, your draft was not able to be run as scheduled.

Since we know how important participating in a live draft can be, and how many users can only do that on a specific day at a specific time, we felt it important to try and accommodate those preferences. So, rather than having your league Autopicked, we left it undrafted and set up a new live draft for Sep 5 18:30.

If you are in a Public League and can not participate at this new time, you can simply remove yourself from the league and join a new one that is holding its draft at a more convenient time.

If you are in an Custom League, your League Commissioner can change the draft time via the Commissioner Tools accessible from your League Overview page.

We have fixed the issues that caused the problems and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Thanks and good luck in the upcoming season.

--Fantasy Football Commissioner
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I look, NO ONE has a team.

Also:
http://www.today.com/view/fantasy-screwups-yahoo-fantasy-gets-its-espn-on/id-310326/

Yeah, I read it. Went back and read about 4 pages. Very strange, though I imagine the likelihood of that happening is less than the chance of being struck by lightning.

That's ridiculous. I was in 4 yahoo leagues last year that went perfectly, including the live drafts, and I just did a live draft the other day on yahoo because the bug already bit.

then I guess you don't have to play.

Uh... who do I owe beer to?

I haven't shipped any out - although to be fair, I haven't gotten very much from anyone else, either.

Uh... who do I owe beer to?

I haven't shipped any out - although to be fair, I haven't gotten very much from anyone else, either.

Me. jk.

You (& others) ever pop open that mead? I haven't touched any of it since olllllo's party this past winter. Time for another taste test.

I've been cellaring it, although I'm tempted... how old is it now?

Brewed (?) it 9/2/07 and bottled it 11/3/07. Man, thought it was older than that. Probably a good idea to just forget about it like I'm doing for at least 1y.

I'll probably have to dole out some more when I lose this year's FFB again. Hey, at least I pay out :)

Brewed (?) it 9/2/07 and bottled it 11/3/07. Man, thought it was older than that. Probably a good idea to just forget about it like I'm doing for at least 1y.

I'll probably have to dole out some more when I lose this year's FFB again. Hey, at least I pay out :)

Yeah, sounds like a good drink to celebrate NEXT year's championship!

Yeah, sounds like a good drink to celebrate NEXT year's championship!

I soooo had that in my reply with a smart ass remark but pulled back. I figure trash talk can't start until at least pre-season kicks off, or when Brett un-retires ;).

I think the first order of business is to draft Rod as the commish again, if he will have it.

I've been SUPER busy with the new job. I'm also making a conscious effort to stay off message boards during working hours, which REALLY seems to limit my ability to keep current here. I don't think I'd be a good choice for commish this season unfortunately.

I still owe beers too :(

I think I've only had 2 of the beers that I got....one of the Alaskan Smoked Porters and the other was Ed's Bee Cave Kolsch...I forget who sent it.

Who won the other league? I guess the winner of that gets first dibs on coming up to The Show. :D

bump....it's getting closer....

All your beer are belong to me

Do we have anybody willing to get this started? It's going to be time for the draft soon, and we need a commish (as well as a place to put the league!). My work schedule is usually super light, but I'm very busy now until about September 1, so I don't think I have the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back