Ferris Brewer's Day Off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m1k3

Reaction score
Anyone call in sick to brew? I came up with "Ferris Brewer's Day Off".... man I hope that is original because it killed me.

Anyway... today I brewed "Brewevement Porter" since my work gave me the day off for my grandma's passing.... she would have wanted me to be happy right?

So, this new thread is to log your *cough* I can't come to work brew days. (provided your coworkers don't know your HBT user name).

Or is it just me?

About this time last year I brewed on a sick day. It was a Black IPA and I called it Black Ops because I was so super stealthy.

Haven't done it yet but have been thinking about it! I like the names "sick day IPA" "backstory brown ale" "won't be in hefewiezen"

I'm hung up on the vocabulary here...

Brewevement
Brewrevement
Beerevement

Hmmm.

ok... @BeardedBrews, Beerevement is even better sounding than my Brewevement. But it loses something... I didn't just stay home and drink... It was a brew day!

Anyway... Kegged the Porter yesterday 11/22/16 after a couple days of cold crashing. 7.09% calculated ABV! Uncarbonated it tastes like Anchor Porter. (do they use Northern Brewer in their porter or just Anchor Steam?)

I work from home for the most part. Days off or at least partial days off come pretty easy but yeah, I've taken time off to brew. My excuse (usually given to myself) is: "I'll do that later" then in my head figure out a technical reason why. Just in case....

I'm having a hard time getting past your taking advantage of her passing to do something you feel you need an excuse for.

My buddies & I at work refer to it as "the something to do flu". Thankfully, I am able to take days off occasionally to do things I enjoy...brewing would be the main one.

I rearranged my flex schedule to have Fridays off. I originally did it so I could help out in my kids' school. But a nice benefit is that I always have a built in brew day when I need it without pesky kids or SWMBO in the way.

It has taken me 15 years to accumulate over 700 hours of sick time.
I get sat-sun off without having to charge time .

Back