Ferrari bottle filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
Experiences with this filler? The reviews seem really good but after watching a couple videos, it seems like it is aerating a lot while filling compared to a simple tube/check valve style filler.

My dad bought one and I thought it was terrible. Maybe we weren't using it correctly, but I'd go with the old fashioned spring loaded.

Every video I see shows a lot of aeration taking place. This can't be good for long term storage of wine or mead...

Any bottle filler will introduce oxygen, but yeah I agree. are you unhappy with a bottling wand?

Any bottle filler will introduce oxygen, but yeah I agree. are you unhappy with a bottling wand?

Been brewing beer for 10 years and, in that time, bottled 1 bottle of beer... 3 days ago. lol. All kegs prior to this. Recently started into mead and was looking for a good bottling tool. Purchased both a standard bottling wand and the Ferrarai... will probably not use the Ferrari because of oxygen and aging concerns.

You think about a beer gun?

Yeah, thought about it but we really don't bottle any beer and just started making mead. We bottled our 1 beer straight off the tap (Perlick flow control faucet) and the previous batch of mead with just pinched tubing. lol. We'll probably just use a spring loaded filler for the next few mead batches and see how it goes.

I've got one of those. The only problem I have with it is it spews a bit of whatever you're bottling out of the top near the adjustment knob. No matter how tight, or loose, I set that knob at, it spews out a fine mist of beer/wine/mead. It appears as if there's a piece of plastic, I'm assuming a gasket, that comes loose. The first time I used it it didn't do that. Every batch since then it has. You just have to accept that there'll be bit of sticky stuff to clean up when done bottling.

Back