Fermzilla All-Rounder Only Suitable for Pressure Fermentation for 4 months?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmstone617

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just picked up an all rounder from my LHBS and the printing on the side says to “test container or do not use under pressure after 2023–12”. Is it normal for it to need to be tested after such a short period of time? I thought I would get at least 12 months before needing to test it.

I think this is corporate cover your ass. I have a conical one that I would not hesitate to pressurize and it is like 3 or 4 years old. I don't often use the pressure, but wouldn't even think about doing it. good luck with your's.

NOTE: FermZilla tanks are marked with a manufacturer’s “expiry date”. This does not indicate that the tank is bad after this date; it simply indicates that a hydro test may be in order. 2 years after production and every 2 years after first use, it is recommended that the tank be hydro tested to ensure the tank is holding pressure. Hydro test instructions are available here. You will also need the D1072 Green PRV to perform the test. If you do not plan to pressurize the fermenter, the test is not necessary.

Exactly what @mac_1103 said, still good, but just recommend to ‘test’
You can test at home is my understand- it doesn’t need to go to a fire department like CO2 tanks

Back