fermenting belgium whit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bier-brauer

Reaction score
brew my first belgium whit last night. fermentation was going strong this morning, and then stopped this evening. any thaughts? just let it do its thing for a couple of days and not worry about it?
i plan on doing two stage fermentation after a week or two in the primary.

I had a brew almost fully ferment to the FG mark in a day. The fermentation temp was about 76 degrees. The yeast ate the crap outa the sugar. i took a hydro reading the next day and it was pretty much complete.

Just brewed my first Belgian Witbier tonight! It's fermenting now at about 70 deg. Fahrenheit according to my liquid crystal thermometer. I'll let you know how fermentation goes in the next week or so.

Just brewed my first Belgian Witbier tonight! It's fermenting now at about 70 deg. Fahrenheit according to my liquid crystal thermometer. I'll let you know how fermentation goes in the next week or so.

congrats dude! at 70 it should ferment out pretty quick. keep an eye on that bad boy, watch for the krausen level, those wheat beers put out some foam.

I have 10 gallons of blood orange witt fermenting right now. end of day 3. Using white Labs WLP400. yes, giant Krusan, keeps popping the rubber stopper, and spewing out a little. i shake the fermentation bottle side to side a couple times a day, to stir up the yeast. seems to help.

congrats dude! at 70 it should ferment out pretty quick. keep an eye on that bad boy, watch for the krausen level, those wheat beers put out some foam.

Oh boy, I'm using an Ale Pail (6.5 gal). I have an airlock on it right now. Should I go buy a stopper and use a blow-off tube? Not sure if they make any that fit. My tubing can fit in the hole in the lid where the airlock goes. Will this work or is there a chance for infection if I just put blow-off tube in the hole without a stopper?

Latest posts

Back