Fermentation time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sievers

Reaction score
Hi guys

Im new at this so bear with me if my questions are too simple.

I bought this beerkit and a beginners kit with all the equipment needed for brewing my first beer. The beerkit was the "Brewferm Diabolo". An 8.0% Belgian Ale.

My question is this: On the step-by-step recipe it says that I should keep it at 20-25 degrees Celcius for 10 days while its fermenting, after which it should stop bubling. The latter being the sign that it is done. I have kept it at 20-21 degrees Celcius and am now at 6 days and it has already stopped bubbling. Is it normal for the recipe to deviate like this from the listed fermenting time or should I expect it to stop bubling this soon?

Thanks in advance!

Fermentation takes as long as it takes. The reason the instructions give a time limitation is because the seller of the recipe kit believes that at the given temp range the beer should be done fermenting at some point within the given time frame. It's not a hard and fast rule. The only way to tell for sure if it's done and not stuck for some reason is to take a gravity reading to see if you've hit your target FG.

Latest posts

Back