Fermentation after carbontion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogsterman

Reaction score
My DIPA started at 1.077 and finished at 1.020. I dry hopped it and the aroma and flavor are fabulous, but a little too sweet. I decided to keg and carbonate. I'm debating on making a small yeast starter with my harvested yeast and get it to finish around 1.010. Is it possible to accomplish this or could the sugars be unfermentable; could carbonation prevent the process from starting?

My DIPA started at 1.077 and finished at 1.020.

usually under the correct circumstances when a beer finishes it is in fact finished fermenting. unless of course you were experiencing a stall. also some yeasts will attenuate more than others. how long has it been in the keg? you might be tasting off green beer flavors

Johnnyhitch1 said:
usually under the correct circumstances when a beer finishes it is in fact finished fermenting. unless of course you were experiencing a stall. also some yeasts will attenuate more than others. how long has it been in the keg? you might be tasting off green beer flavors

I just kegged it yesterday.

Latest posts

Back