Ferm heater

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewboy04

Reaction score
I have built a ferm vessel but not sure what is the best option to heat if with Just looking for some advise

Sent from my iPhone using Home onw

11" flex watt heat tape. It's typically used to heat reptile tanks. I've got 2 feet and has no problem keeping 5 gallons at 75* in a mini fridge.

Does this go round the fermentor or round the inside of the chamber walls?

Regardless of what you use you also have to have a temp controller to shut it off and turn it on to maintain temps, I'll guess you knew that already;)

The reptile heater works well, there is also a brew belt, a heat pad and some people will simply install alight bulb in a can depending on the size of the chamber, you'd be amazed at how much heat a 75-90 watt bulb will produce;)

I use a small crockpot without the bowl inserted. It's 90watts(16cubic ft freezer) and works great on a st1000 controller.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Does this go round the fermentor or round the inside of the chamber walls?

I tape it directly to the fermenter, it doesn't wrap all the way around which leaves a space for my temp probe.

Back