[Feeler] Any Interest in Digital Tap Lists?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, now that I am "in" how would one go about changing the beers/whatnot?

Thanks

Ok, now that I am "in" how would one go about changing the beers/whatnot?

Thanks

Did you drop the raspberrypints db and import the updated schema/test_data?

Negative. Not the web interface that we built. This one is part of LAMP.

The problem you're running into right now is you have duplicate db's. Pretty easy to fix.

Click the Databases tab.
Check the box next to raspberrypints
Click Drop
Answer Yes when prompted.

Now we'll try to import again, but this time using the GUI.

Click the Import tab
Click Choose File
Navigate to and select sql/schema.sql
Click Go
Repeat for test_data.sql

This could also be done using command line like above, but I'm not super well versed in SQL and just woke up. :)

Also, we still need to fix your resolution.

Can you post your /boot/config.txt and monitor model (or max res)?

Did you drop the raspberrypints db and import the updated schema/test_data?

Also, we still need to fix your resolution.

Can you post your /boot/config.txt and monitor model (or max res)?

Yup, I did.

At this point i am not concerned with resolution, I am doing everything though ssh, and web, and it will probably stay this way for awhile. It was a samsung 55" led though.

Yup, I did.

At this point i am not concerned with resolution, I am doing everything though ssh, and web, and it will probably stay this way for awhile. It was a samsung 55" led though.

Lets assume 1080p. You should probably have in config.txt:

Code:
hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=16

Ensure these lines don't appear twice in config.txt uncommented.

If you have black banding, you probably need to use:

Code:
disable_overscan=1

Note resolution changes don't take effect until you reboot.

Now you need to go into phpMyAdmin and add user "beer", password "beer". Assign to localhost, and grant only SELECT.

Edit includes/config.php to reflect beer//beer and db raspberrypints.
Edit admin/includes/config.php to reflect your phpMyAdmin login details and db raspberrypints.
Edit admin/includes/conn.php to the same.

After that, fresh the taplist in your browser. Click the brewery logo. Log in with your phpMyAdmin details.

Now you need to go into phpMyAdmin and add user "beer", password "beer". Assign to localhost, and grant only SELECT.

Edit includes/config.php to reflect beer//beer and db raspberrypints.
Edit admin/includes/config.php to reflect your phpMyAdmin login details and db raspberrypints.
Edit admin/includes/conn.php to the same.

After that, fresh the taplist in your browser. Click the brewery logo. Log in with your phpMyAdmin details.

Ok did the first no problem.

Where do I do these? in the admin panel? with text editor locally and scp them back? or using nano on the pi?

thanks

Any text editor you like.

On the Pi, I like nano. Do you prefer Vi? Perhaps gedit?

On Windows, I prefer Notepad++ or EditPlus. You could use Notepad or any other text editor of your choosing. If you edit on Windows, yes you'll need to transfer back to the Pi using WinSCP or any FTP program really.

Any text editor you like.

On the Pi, I like nano. Do you prefer Vi? Perhaps gedit?

On Windows, I prefer Notepad++ or EditPlus. You could use Notepad or any other text editor of your choosing. If you edit on Windows, yes you'll need to transfer back to the Pi using WinSCP or any FTP program really.

looks to me that some of these are already done? Could that be?

I have no way of knowing if you've already done it.

If the taplist loads beers on index.php and you can log into your.ip.here/admin with your phpMyAdmin password, then it's done already.[/QUOTE

No, I understand that :p
As I was going though them some of them look to be done in the stuff i downloaded from you.

The first one is probably done. I pushed that change to a universal view-only account.

The others contain the passwords from the test bed system they were developed on. Yours will be different.

is this what I am looking to have on admin/incudes/conn and admin/includes config? and is this all ?

$host="localhost"; // Host name
$username="beer"; // Mysql username
$password=""; // Mysql password
$db_name="beer"; // Database name
$tbl_name="raspberrypints";

No man, you're way off. I think my shorthand is throwing you off.

You should have logged into phpMyAdmin and created the user "beer" with the password "beer". You should have assigned it to "localhost" and granted only the "SELECT" permission.

/var/www/includes/config.php should look like this then:

Code:
<?php

function db(){
	$link = mysql_connect("localhost", "beer", "beer");
	mysql_select_db("raspberrypints");
}

?>

To check if you did it correctly, load your taplist. If you see beers, you're good. If not, you messed up.

/var/www/admin/includes/config.php should look like this:

Code:
 <?php
$username="yourphpmyadminlogin"; // Mysql username
$password="yourphpmyadminpassword"; // Mysql password
$db_name="raspberrypints"; // Database name
$tbl_name="beers";

//Connect to server and select databse.
mysql_connect("$host", "$username", "$password")or die("cannot connect to server");
mysql_select_db("$db_name")or die("cannot select DB");

?>

Your /var/www/admin/includes/conn.php should look like this:

Code:
 <?php
$username="yourphpmyadminlogin"; // Mysql username
$password="yourphpmyadminpassword"; // Mysql password
$db_name="raspberrypints"; // Database name
$tbl_name="Users";

//Connect to server and select databse.
mysql_connect("$host", "$username", "$password")or die("cannot connect to server");
mysql_select_db("$db_name")or die("cannot select DB");

?>

Anyway, that's about all I can give you.

I have to put my nose to the grindstone today and write the FAQ (it's going to be long!) and installation instructions (have to test it too!). Tomorrow, build the website and some graphical work on RPints. Monday, solder my breakout board together and play with python.

You may have to wait for the step-by-step tutorial if this is too much.

Well I wasn't THAT far off ;)

Getting closer, I get a wrong user/pass notification now, instead of a blank page.

Just for clarification, we are using the user/pass that I use to log in to xxx.xxx.x.xxx/phpmyadmin which is root(set by the program)/password(we will say for this), in the conn, and config for admin correct?

This first include/config was already done and set by you in the distro.

Thanks for you time and patience.

Bryan

Woops, I left off a step.

Log into phpMyAdmin, navigate to the raspberrypints db, click 'Insert' next to the Users table.

Enter a username.
Enter a password, then select MD5 in the dropdown.
Enter a First M. Last name
Enter an email address

Save.

That's the account details you'll log into the admin panel with.

you.ip.here/admin

Getting errors trying to change the brewery icon. Is it as simple as replacing the logo.png with one of my own?

Thanks

Edit: yup found it in admin/img

Bryan

The one in admin/img/ is for the admin panel.

The one in img/ is for the taplist.

Everyone should be using the admin panel to change the logo, do t change it through the code or trough a uploading a file to that dir. The admin panel has a option in personalize>> change site and admin logo.

Or did I not upload that change yet??

Actually I tried it from the admin panel and kept getting errors so I manually did it. Yea thadius I changed both.

So did you guys get the pint usage tracking working? if so what flow meters were used? I must have missed it in the thread...

So did you guys get the pint usage tracking working? if so what flow meters were used? I must have missed it in the thread...

No, not yet. We're still only a couple weeks into the project. Hard to believe so many replies in such a short timeframe.

I have 10 SwissFlow SF-800 meters. My Raspberry PI/O breakout board kit came yesterday afternoon, British Royal Post.

I hope to get to town tomorrow to pick up a desoldering gun and some rosin core solder. Should have remembered to order it with the iron, but didn't. :\

Here is that Error.

error.jpg

That's a permission error.

On the pi do this

sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www

That should fix that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

I'm on board. Will be doing this once I get my kegerator set back up.

However, in the mean time, I'll solder boards for anyone who needs them. I solder quite a bit and can crank these out. We'll have to work out specifics. I might just order a bunch and make them ahead of time.

Anyone who's interested, send me a PM. If I get enough interest, I'll order them with my rpi.

B

I'm on board. Will be doing this once I get my kegerator set back up.

However, in the mean time, I'll solder boards for anyone who needs them. I solder quite a bit and can crank these out. We'll have to work out specifics. I might just order a bunch and make them ahead of time.

Anyone who's interested, send me a PM. If I get enough interest, I'll order them with my rpi.

B

Talk about community spirit! :)

Might wanna hold off on ordering a bunch of breakout boards until I can confirm that they work in this application.

Lets assume 1080p. You should probably have in config.txt:

Code:
hdmi_group=1
hdmi_mode=16

Ensure these lines don't appear twice in config.txt uncommented.

If you have black banding, you probably need to use:

Code:
disable_overscan=1

Note resolution changes don't take effect until you reboot.

Yup that was it, thanks!

Latest posts

Back