Favorite Fall Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnderToes

Reaction score
We are new to this forum, so sorry if this has been covered. What is your favorite autumn seasonal beers? Trying to see what everyone is drinking or brewing....

Pumpkin or brown,oktoberfest if you like them Im not a big fan of them. The maltier ones seem more acceptible in cooler temps or higher abv. Thats just a thing though, some people may just like light lagers in cooler temps. But its the warming higher abv maltier ones that seem to fit in generally with warmer weather. Maybe similar to comfort food or something.

While I'm known to drink many an Oktoberfest and usually try to squeeze in a few Pumpkins.

Some that I enjoy include Brooklyn Oktoberfest, Victory Festbier, Scythe & Sickle, Victory Moonglow, Riverhorse Hippolantern,

Usually for fall/winter I like a good Southern Tier Pumking! Or also a few good brown ales and porters. Especially around the fire pit!

Anything a big heavier, stronger, but not quite stout (although I believe you should drink whatever suits your taste for that day, no matter the season!)

Brown ales, Oktoberfest (Marzen), pumpkin beers, dopplebock, porters, etc. In fact I really should brew up a porter or Janet's Brown Ale real soon. Just have to make that chocolate porter again for some ladies I know.

Anything malty and brown for me. Bocks, dopplebocks, brown ales, nut browns, porters, altbiers. I don't drink much hoppy or light-colored beers until spring.

Back