Fave Five Music Tracks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you choose these metro teams to like? Interesting that someone in TX would hate the flyers (or does this stem from their bully days?)

So you liked Edmonton East but not Edmonton West...:D

Gotta ask, how'd you get the Mess stick? I paid a fortune to see His number raised this month. Well worth it, though it could've bought me a small conical vessel.

gaelone said:
How did you choose these metro teams to like? Interesting that someone in TX would hate the flyers (or does this stem from their bully days?)

So you liked Edmonton East but not Edmonton West...:D

Gotta ask, how'd you get the Mess stick? I paid a fortune to see His number raised this month. Well worth it, though it could've bought me a small conical vessel.

i hated Lindros, th e wussy!

i liked the NYR because i loved Brian Leetch (born in Corpus Christi, TX) and Mess, and Richter. i hate to admit why i liked the Devils, but the sweater was cool. :D i have the old green and red one w/ beer stains on it. people thought i was a weirdo wearing a hockey sweater around here. as best man, i even wore it to my brothers wedding rehearsal! they called me "best goalie". :cross: then when Marty came up, plus Scott Stevens kicks-ass!

a couple friends of mine went to Harvard and had spent some time in NYC. they got it at some card show signing. it's been at least 10-12 years ago....
cool deal on the number retiring.....dawg!

That's awful, blocking a site like that. Unless it's a preemptive move to avoid harassing others with that uncensored feed. Hooray for terrestrial radio and how offices play Michael Bolton and Celine Dion stations. They're so much safer. :rolleyes:

Glad I have an office of my own. It's all Opie and Anthony (or metal on the iPod) all the time.

How I went this long without posting in this thread is beyond me....

But here is my list.

5 kick-ass, awesome songs I'll never get sick of and ones I always go back to when I've got a good buzz goin'...

1. 10 days - Jane's Addiction
2. Division Bell - Pink Floyd
3. Forever - Dropkick Murphys (Live on St. Paddy's Day version)
4. Country Death Song - Violent Femmes
5. No Quarter - Tool (Zeppelin ripoff but totally revisited)

Coming up with this list was extremely hard. I could list 10-15 more, easily.

catfish said:
Cowboy Love- The Reverend Horton Heat

Interesting, considering the recent thread about uh, cowboys. :rolleyes:
Seriously, everything by The Reverend truly kicks butt, IMHO.

Walker said:
(1) Little Wing (Stevie Ray Vaughan's version with no lyrics)

AWESOME. That amp buzzing in the background is chilling. I love this song.

BeeGee said:
What's worse is that I've been listening to his show the last couple weeks (seemed obligatory) thinking I would eventually get it, but I still don't. I feel like going into their studio and kicking them all in the crotch (including Robin) and then changing the channel. Oh, well. Maybe I just need a cup of coffee.

Nope, I don't get it either. VERY stupid show. Hopefully Sirius is regretting giving that fool all that money. Of course during the week I'll never be able to stop listening to Mike and Mike, the Cowherd, and Dan Patrick. During commercials on those I switch to NFL Radio.

On the weekends I'm usually listening to Octane or Hair Nation. Occasionally some Raw Dog. That channel is good for long trips.

LupusUmbrus said:
"Ordinary" - Buzzhorn

Is that the band from Milwaukee? I always felt like I should get into them, but I just can't...

DeRoux's Broux said:
i like the NYR too. i have a signed Mess stick that i have held on too for many moons.

No such thing! Mess was the best. Still to this day I think the 94 Cup was the best hockey ever. Keep that stick for many more moons, or donate it to me. :D

gaelone said:
The Stones' Paint It Black
Oh hell yeah! Tour of Duty! You guys ever watch that show when you were kids?

Have you heard Kevin Bacon's version? It actually kicks ass too. Yes, Kevin Bacon the actor.

gaelone said:
Dude is certainly right about TOOL's No Quarter. A Perfect Circle's gloomy cover of Imagine is amazing too.

They did do a pretty good job with imagine. I pretty much hate the Beatles so take that for what its worth. :D

Seriously, give "3 days" a listen sometime when you've got a good buzz going and you are on your last pint of the night....you'll thank me. ;)

Dude said:
I pretty much hate the Beatles

Me too! I just never got them. A couple of years back i was due to go on a stag weekend for one of my old band mates to visit Liverpool. On the list of excursions was to go to the Beatles Museum. I was praying it would have a visitor's book just so i could write "I always preferred the Rolling Stones...." in it!!:D
Alas the trip got changed to Blackpool, but that's another story!:drunk:

Dude said:
No such thing! Mess was the best. Still to this day I think the 94 Cup was the best hockey ever. Keep that stick for many more moons, or donate it to me. :D

i love collin calherd! his show is the best damn sports talk radio show on the tuner, hands down!

the '94 cup was awesome.......probably the best one in recent years (as far as i'm concerened).

Caplan said:
Me too! I just never got them. A couple of years back i was due to go on a stag weekend for one of my old band mates to visit Liverpool. On the list of excursions was to go to the Beatles Museum. I was praying it would have a visitor's book just so i could write "I always preferred the Rolling Stones...." in it!!:D

Caplan, my sentiments exactly!

Dude said:
3. Forever - Dropkick Murphys (Live on St. Paddy's Day version)

I saw them in Osaka a few years ago. I hung out with them after the show and got completely stupid drunk. Waaaaay too many, bourbon and cokes. I was totally useless, got a free shirt though.
I wondered who'd pick up on the Cowboy Love, funny ass song. It was that, Bales of Cocaine, Big Little Baby, or Liquor, Beer and Wine. Probably the last one.

Dude, I agree with you...Beetles...totally overrated.

I know Bacon's band, but didn't know they had covered the Stones. It's really that good?

I know I've Already chosen my 5 but can I choose again?:drunk:

1-Nick Cave- Red Right Hand
2-Johnny Cash- Boy Named Sue
3-Fugazi- Suggestion
4-El Vez- Graciasland
5-Dan Bern- King of the World

This is another side of my personality. I bet I have more.

Well thank you Ladies and Gentlemen! Nice ideas on music - a few worthy hijacks (Explanation on the Modern German language was good :D - I couldn't comment on online/digital radio or ice hockey:confused: )

Lets let this thread die eh?......

Caplan said:
Lets let this thread die eh?......

But what fun would that be?

1. "Walk the Line"-- Johnny Cash (such a simple, almost goofy love song. probably my all time favorite)
2. "Sundown"--Gordon Lightfoot
3. "Black Dog"-- Led Zeppelin (I could list about 10 of their songs, but I heard this one when was a kid, and I'd never heard anything like it before.)
4. "Harvester of Sorrow"-- Metallica
5. "Ghost of Tom Joad"-- Rage Against the Machine (written by The Boss)

i'm gonna add 2 more:
1. Cochise - Audioslave
2. Killing in the Name of - Rage Against the Machine (i miss those guys....)

DeRoux's Broux said:
i'm gonna add 2 more:
1. Cochise - Audioslave
2. Killing in the Name of - Rage Against the Machine (i miss those guys....)

Ha, got ya thinking about Rage, huh? :D

Audioslave might come up with a good one a couple times, but they're no Rage. I think Rage is a band people will be talking about 20 years from now.

Sam75 said:
...2. "Sundown"--Gordon Lightfoot

Ah, yes - Gord. A song written about Cathy Evelyn Smith, the woman who would be convicted of involuntary manslaughter for giving John Belushi his lethal speedball. I can't open a bottle of Great Lakes' Edmund Fitzgerald Porter without having his song about the fateful event start spinning in my brain!

If you wanna get a good laugh, listen to Burton Cummings (of The Guess Who) singing Rod Stewart's Maggie May, the way Gordon Lightfoot would sing it!

And, hey - don't dis The Beatles!:mad:;) If it weren't for the Beatles and, to a greater extent, Buddy Holly, most of these artists we've listed would be working the fry machine at Mickey D's.

Rhoobarb said:
And, hey - don't dis The Beatles!:mad:;) If it weren't for the Beatles and, to a greater extent, Buddy Holly, most of these artists we've listed would be working the fry machine at Mickey D's.
The Beatles would have been working at Mucky Rons (if it had made it to the UK by then;) ) if it wasn't for the blues, skiffle and rock and roll artists that inspired/influenced them!:)

Sam75 said:
5. "Ghost of Tom Joad"-- Rage Against the Machine (written by The Boss)
Speaking of The Boss, I'm surprised he hasn't come up (unless I missed it). I'm surprised I didn't mention him. Sirius had a "Springsteen" channel for a couple months that just ended yesterday and I never realized just how much consecutive Boss I could listen to! If the poll were to be "what one boxset would you buy?" mine would be Springsteen.

BeeGee said:
If the poll were to be "what one boxset would you buy?
Post it as a thread BeeGee, do it as a music (and or) movies/tv series i reckon. I have my choices ready!:)

Caplan said:
The Beatles would have been working at Mucky Rons (if it had made it to the UK by then;) ) if it wasn't for the blues, skiffle and rock and roll artists that inspired/influenced them!:)
Yes, which is why Buddy Holly is the real King of Rock & Roll. (I know a lot of people will argue Chuck Berry, but c'mon... he just played the same chords over & over with different lyrics);)

BTW, I like th idea of a 'box set thread'!

Rhoobarb said:
Yes, which is why Buddy Holly is the real King of Rock & Roll. (I know a lot of people will argue Chuck Berry, but c'mon... he just played the same chords over & over with different lyrics);)

BTW, I like th idea of a 'box set thread'!
Buddy's up there for sure - The 'Box set thread' is up and running also!

hhmmmm...the chicken or the egg? some may not like the beatles, some may not like the Stone's, but we ALL have to respect what they did for music, then and now. right?

DeRoux's Broux said:
hhmmmm...the chicken or the egg? some may not like the beatles, some may not like the Stone's, but we ALL have to respect what they did for music, then and now. right?
For sure!!!! Modern Music would probably be totally different without them as Rhoobarb stated - Mucky Ron's workforce would include some pretty cool characters though ;) :D

Back