Father's Day Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrairieDawg

Reaction score
So I have been working on this build over the last couple weekends, poured the first pint from it today.
Very simple collar build on a Westinghouse 10 cubic foot unit.
My wood working skills are not the best so went with the wainscoting as an outer trim. 1x6 and 1x8 frame, Perlick taps and the STC-1000 built in, also a 12v fan and a door switch that controls the fan. I currently have the fan wired to run only when the compressor is on but can easily set it up to run full time.

Shiny Perlicks

The collar

Inside

As I said simple build but it will work fine for me for a while. Took lots of tips from all the great builds here on the DIY forum. Any questions I would be glad to answer best as I can.
Cheers to all you guys and Happy Father's Day..

I like it!

(Why do people use the collar again? Is that just to fit kegs up on the compressor hump, or is it to have a place to mount faucets?). Its been a long time since I pondered keezer construction.

OP that looks remarkable. My woodworking skills are way worse and the keezer build I did show that!

I like it!

(Why do people use the collar again? Is that just to fit kegs up on the compressor hump, or is it to have a place to mount faucets?). Its been a long time since I pondered keezer construction.

For tap placement mostly and those of us who want one more keg on the hump, the collar allows for that. I have 5 in a 7.2 cu ft freezer only because I have the collar.

Back