FastFerment Freezer Mount

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pbrennan10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
In an effort to get my fast ferment climate controlled (and due to having some scrap wood and stuff which seems to provide all my motivation for creativity these days) I rigged up the following mount for the fast ferment above my inkbird controlled freezer.

Since I am a severely inexperienced brewer I am wondering -- is this totally stupid? Seeing as how my basement is 60° and it seems at the lowest I need to ferment is 50° I thought the possible temperature gradient through the fermenter would not be too severe.
The obvious disadvantages I see are in cooling airloss and not being able to access the trub catcher without picking it up.

I also made another stand so I could move it around as needed shown to the right, i may fashion some hook device (french cleat?) when I need it elevated, or just sit it on the counter.

Attachments

• fast ferment mount.jpeg
    fast ferment mount.jpeg
    97.8 KB · Views: 101
Back