Fast Fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeeBonesBrewing

Reaction score
I brewed 10 gallons of a Trappist Single on Saturday. My OG was 1.050 and I pitched 2 Wyeast 1214 smack packs @ around 75 degrees F. I didn't see hardly any activity in the air lock so I decided to check it. It is already at 1.016. Doesn't that seem like a very quick fermentation? I have never used this yeast but everything I read said it is kind of a slow starter. The sample tasted great and I can't wait to get this kegged! I am going to let it go a few more days and check again.

I had a similar situation with 1762 belgian abbey II I pitched at 1.123 and after four days with O2 added at high croisen it was at 1.018 give or take. I used a starter and everything but to be honest it happened so fast I thought that maybe it was a stuck fermentation because the yeast is notoriously finicky. How did your single turn out?

Back