Fast ferment. Any good?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like mine so far. Do a search in the "general beer discussion" and in this forum and you will find a lot of info.

It's been a joy to use mine but there are many bias opinions. +1 on the first response. I did a ton of research before my first brew day with mine.

How many brews on it so far? I like the trub/yeast collecting feature and usually do 6 gallon batches so the size is perfect...

Three batches so far and no major issues at all. Make sure you thread-tape the hell out of the threads that need it. I change my my first ball out after 7-8 days, then change the second ball out about 1-2 days before I am ready to bottle. Not much trub at all using that method. I still prefer a bottling bucket so I can put the priming sugar in the bucket and then rack from the FF into the bucket to get it mixed good. Clean up is easy. I use a soft cloth to wash the inside so it doesn't get scratched. Like anything, you'll figure out your own way of doing things. I would recommend to FF.

Back