Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fourth it. Great idea, Dude, and much thanks for taking the time to be the commish.

Changes for next year:
12 teams
Live draft
For the winner - let's chip in and buy a bottle of Sam Adams Utopias as a trophy... :D

Agree, I've been a pfff on FFB and never did it before but I did enjoy it. It's even better playing ffb when the nfl team you root for sucks a$$-bag since it gives you some other reason to watch football!

College B-Ball is next! Got to watch the AZ Cats tonight on espn.

ablrbrau said:
Marquette-Wisconsin on Sat!!! Go Warriors! Um, I mean go Golden Chickens! :rockin:

Yea, both of them too! That'll probably be on national tv for me too. Man, you had to bring up that golden ****. What a bunch of crap that is. That should be reversed! :mad:

I'm into a fantasy hockey league this year, which is forcing me to watch and pay attention to more hockey than I have in years. Getting ready to watch the Hawks right now.....not in HD though. :(

*I love Pusey*....

Getting back to a former topic...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/1205061football1.html

DECEMBER 5--We were reading Deadspin this morning when we first learned of the existence of Lucius Seymour, a football player at Eastern Illinois University. Seymour, a 22-year-old Floridian, is of note because of his unfortunate former name, which was wiped away last year via a legal petition filed in Palm Beach County's Circuit Court. A copy of Seymour's name change application, which was approved last July, can be found below. In an e-mail yesterday to Deadspin, Seymour takes issue with a prior post that made light of his former handle, Lucius Pusey. "When i make it to the league i willshoot a middle finger at yall and say **** all my haters," Seymour wrote. "I am the realest." (4 pages)

I just want to say.... I won't be throwing my game in an effort to win the last place prize. I am in the game to win. And I have been all along. My TEAM didn't seem to understand that, but anyhooo.

I'll be trying to get the most points possible and winning my matchup. If I can knock someone out of the playoffs, so much the better! :)

Dude, how bad's it gonna suck if I kick your ass this week because Willie Mo Parker ran for 200+yards and a score? You been re-thinking that trade at all... ;)

the_bird said:
Dude, how bad's it gonna suck if I kick your ass this week because Willie Mo Parker ran for 200+yards and a score? You been re-thinking that trade at all... ;)

Yeah, I was thinking about that last night. Perfect ending (and poetic) to a really sh!tty FFB season. :D

Current scores:

more_Bruschi 40
Dude's Team Sucks 32

Really Rottens 25
Loose Cannons 6

Town Drunks 18
D'Bricks 11

Scrotum Puppies II 13
Drunken Sailors 24

NY Athletic Jews 8
win14thegipper 38

NY Goombahs 26
Skull Splitters 54

Angry Pirates 13
Desert Gnats 35

Damn, the Pats just don't have it this year. Just can't execute. I can't quite figure out why; Brady's just been off all year, the receivers are medicore... but beyond that, they just kinda look stale, for lack of a better term.

more_Bruschi 88
Dude's Team Sucks 83

Really Rottens 23
Loose Cannons 30

Town Drunks 18
D'Bricks 40

Scrotum Puppies II 42
Drunken Sailors 61

NY Athletic Jews 36
win14thegipper 64

NY Goombahs 58
Skull Splitters 70

Angry Pirates 23
Desert Gnats 66

Looks like I have last wrapped up! I'm sending beer. Thank goodness, I finally have a reason to get rid of all of that DewBrew I have left. ;)

Yea, I've been waiting to pawn off my apricot wheats to someone too. JK, I couldn't do that and continue to logon here :eek:.

I got 3 cases and the wife doesn't like it anymore. She says "It's not the same as you used to make". I should just dump it.

Dude said:
So this means I get beer from everyone? SWEET!!!

I guess I had us mixed up originally...

13-1 is mighty sweet... of course, I'll have to slice my wrists if I lose the next two weeks and end up with bupkes.

Nice game, Dude. Hell, there are about twelve other weeks you would have kicked my ass. Nice game by Driver, too, so don't feel TOO bad about that trade... :D

Dude said:
Looks like I have last wrapped up! I'm sending beer. Thank goodness, I finally have a reason to get rid of all of that DewBrew I have left. ;)

I'll wait to receive my winnings from you before sending your booby prize.. let's see, I have the high-fermentation temp, fusel-alcohol laden Raspberry Maple, which has the added benefit of hardly any malt in it. That's a tasty treat...

Or, I could always cap up an old piss jug, your call...

todd_k said:
Wow, you can stop drinking the Kool-Aid any time now. It's over. The past 5 years don't mean crap. The past 5 years certainly didn't help them last Sunday!

You have a point on some of these guys but not all. Just based on potential and/or age I would take most of these young guys over your boy.
Mark Brunell -agree
Rex Gossman -disagree
Marc Bulger -disagree
Byron Leftwich -disagree
Steve McNair -disagree
Daunte Culpepper -disagree
Michael Vick -disagree
Alex Smith -agree
Chris Simms -disagree
Jon Kitna -agree
Jake Plummer -disagree
Chad Pennington -disagree
J.P. Losman -agree
Charlie Frye -agree
David Carr -disagree
Billy Volek -agree
Aaron Brooks -agree
Drew Bledsoe -disagree
Brad Johnson -disagree
Kurt Warner -disagree

I'd also take Cutler.

Everyone gets old and loses it, Father Time is undefeated. :(

Care to revisit this list?

Still thinking you'd take Grossman, Leftwich, Culpepper, Simms, Plummer, Carr, Bledsoe, Johnson, and Warner over Favre today?

That was delusional back then and it is completely ridiculous now. 1 guy has thrown 14 INTs in his last 7 games, 2 of those weren't necessarily lighting up the league before they got hurt, and 4 of them got benched for bad play, and whats worse is all of those players are on teams with a better talent nucleus than GB.

Just curious what the spin will be this time.

*loves stirring pot*

:p

Wow..WTF is up with the Saints? They are up 35-17 in the third quarter and do an onside kick? Balls, Sean Payton, very big balls. Parcells (and other coaches) will see that and remember it.

Boy Dude, beating up on San Francisco sure seems to give you a hard-on. Remind me again - how did Favre do when matched up against the Patriots? My memory is SO bad, seems like the Pack lost by thirty-five points or something - but how could that happen with the league's Best. Quarteback. Ever. playing? It just doesn't make sense.... :confused:

the_bird said:
Boy Dude, beating up on San Francisco sure seems to give you a hard-on. Remind me again - how did Favre do when matched up against the Patriots? My memory is SO bad, seems like the Pack lost by thirty-five points or something - but how could that happen with the league's Best. Quarteback. Ever. playing? It just doesn't make sense.... :confused:

Lame. :rolleyes:

Putting words into my mouth. I never once said Favre was the best QB.

Try again, peewee.

Kinda odd...

Pre-Monday night, I had the highest score last week. BUT, the next three highest scores were:

Dude (whatever the hell he's calling himself)
The Puppies
The Gnats

(in other words, the three teams "fighting" for last place).

Weird, eh? Case of too-little, too-late?

the_bird said:
Kinda odd...

Pre-Monday night, I had the highest score last week. BUT, the next three highest scores were:

The Puppies
The Gnats

As long as my score is high enough.:)

the_bird said:
Kinda odd...

The Puppies
The Gnats

It's like golf for me. I stink up the place until the 17-18th hole. Just enough to make me feel like I figured it out so I should play again. Well, none of us tanked it on purpose did we :)

BTW - for you winners (& big losers) out there. Most of you are going to get Nimbus which is now the biggest brewery in AZ. I hate bottling and I know you can't get this wherever your at. Probably the oatmeal stout or old monkeyshine. Mighty tasty. I'll have to venture off to the store(s) to see what they're bottling lately and provide the "menu" for ya.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1103
http://www.nimbusbeer.com

desertBrew said:
It's like golf for me. I stink up the place until the 17-18th hole. Just enough to make me feel like I figured it out so I should play again. Well, none of us tanked it on purpose did we :)

As it should be:rockin:

ablrbrau said:
Game is finally over. *exhales* Whew. Now I am officially ready to get my ass handed to me in the playoffs.:drunk:

Yep, I officially locked up last. :rolleyes:

The final 2 playoff teams are win14thegipper and Drunken Sailors, according to Yahoo.

Playoffs start next week! Good luck guys.

Check it out.... bird's got a negative score tonight...

screen.jpg

Thank you, Walker. Thanks a frickin' lot.

If I go 13-1, then lose these next two games, I'm going to frickin' destroy something big and expensive. Jesus frickin' Christ.

Ah, the season starts anew come playoff time. The big question is "Are you going to be the Pats or the Colts" 13-1 sounds like a colts regular season record :D

Smashing my head against the wall... DAMN. Getting my ass kicked, what friggin' timing. I go from four good RBs to one healthy RB in the course of like three weeks. ****...

the_bird said:
Smashing my head against the wall... DAMN. Getting my ass kicked, what friggin' timing. I go from four good RBs to one healthy RB in the course of like three weeks. ****...

Um at the moment you're winning........and tomorrow looks good for you.......tomorrow's gonna be a shootout-Cincy's D is gonna get scorched, that 's negative points for the Sailors, while Cincy's offense will score too, so your wideouts will score......I wouldn't get too upset yet.

Back