Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Patriots buddy of mine just got some 60" Samsung whatever the heck HD tv. It was amazing to watch a football game on. Too bad it was last weeks pats game... He's a humble winner though.

Probably won't watch too many games up where he lives. We call his town the gestapo for the police tactics imposed. I don't like chancing 2 beers on the road getting out of there. I've been waiting for my 32" tv to die for 5 years now so I can upgrade.

desertBrew said:
Probably won't watch too many games up where he lives. We call his town the gestapo for the police tactics imposed. I don't like chancing 2 beers on the road getting out of there. I've been waiting for my 32" tv to die for 5 years now so I can upgrade.

My wife has been begging for a new TV for a while now, ever since her damn DVDs of "Veronica Mars" look all washed out (hate that damn show). But, I'm saving all of my pennies for Chillhayze's bike. :D

Baron von BeeGee said:
Say, what's that white stuff on the field? :confused:

You know... this begs the comment:

Who was the ****ing genius that decided to build an OPEN TOP STADIUM in Seattle? Doesn't it rain (or snow) there 4 out of every 5 days?

Methinks a DOME would have been a better option.

Domes are for pussies. It snows all the time in New England, in Green Bay, all over the place. There's a reason Indy always sucks balls when the weather gets cold.

EDIT: Interesting that the naughty-word filter doesn't mind "pussies." Or "sucks balls." I've been drinking (duh) and have removed the profanity filter for the evening.

the_bird said:
Domes are for pussies. It snows all the time in New England, in Green Bay, all over the place. There's a reason Indy always sucks balls when the weather gets cold.

Totally agree and why I hate the Viking, Lions (my division) so much. That and especially when St Louis won the superbowl. 1st dome team to do it :mad:.

Glad to see the packer defense has awakened and is now playing towards their 31st rank :rolleyes:.

I just realized that I have slacked on the score posting this week.

Here's what we have currently. Looks like bird is going to widen the gap between 1st and 2nd place in our league this week...

screen.jpg

But on a good note I have had 3 pints of red dawn and a 22 of apfelwein. If this gets any worse the hookah is going to have to get the dust blown off of it.

desertBrew said:
And those are the Brett picks. Play behind, you gamble (too soon though).

Just according to script.

The officiating was total BS. The phantom calls agains teh Packers are totally ridiculous. I hope Mike Mcarthy rips the officiating tonight. I'll help pay the fukcing fine.

I haven't been this pissed during a game in a long time. The refs totally let these pricks back into the game.

the_bird said:
Just noticed....

Did Drunken Sailors really "start" Mark Brunnel last week, when Washington did not?

WTF?

Hell, that's nothing. D'Bricks started Shaun Alexander for the entire time he was out with his injury. :D

-walker

PS: Man, bird... that's an impressive record for your team. Too bad there is that one "L" that killed a perfect season. :rockin:

Bastid!

Here's the thing - there have been three or four weeks, at least, when if I was matched up with virtually anybody else, I would have lost. This past week, I was one of the lowest-scoring teams.

Just means that there will be a tiny bit of guilt squeezed into your homebrew when I'm drinking it!

Walker-san said:
Hell, that's nothing. D'Bricks started Shaun Alexander for the entire time he was out with his injury. :D

Alright, comin' to my buddy's defense; he started Alexander ONE week during his injury, only because he had four other players on their byes that week - and you STILL almost lost to him... :D

the_bird said:
and you STILL almost lost to him... :D

Almost? I thought I *did* lose to him. (edit: you're right... I eeked out an 8 point victory, and you're right that he on;y started SA that one week against me.)

I know I lost to one team that was short two people, which was really embarassing.

I myself have gotten hit with some "game day decision" gambles that went the wrong way and ended up a man or two shy of a full team.

-walker

Thanks for having my back bird:mug: Hell I was bitching all year about keeping alexander on the bench with nothing to show for that no 1 pick. Just be glad you had me early in the year, I'm coming on strong for the end.

Back