Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd Street Brewery said:
Thanks for having my back bird:mug: Hell I was bitching all year about keeping alexander on the bench with nothing to show for that no 1 pick. Just be glad you had me early in the year, I'm coming on strong for the end.

I was tempted into trying to sweet-talk you into unloading Alexander when he got hurt, but was worried that he was going to be out all season. Plus, figured you would want something more than just Chad Pennington in return... :D

Cripes! I go to bed early and I have 10 frickin' pages to read through!

Anyway, Walker, you forgot the Jason Kendall video link. I couldn't find it on youtube but I did find this funny video. There are 4 episodes, just scroll down on the right for the other 3.

Chad Vader

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhh....Baltimore-Cinci tomorrow night, and I'm stuck at work!! DAMMIT!

It would have been my first NFL Network game, seeing I missed it last week.
I guess it is shown in HD on a different channel as well. Double DAMMIT!

Dude said:

I'm actually a little ticked about this.

DOn't get me wrong... I like the idea of Thursday night football, but I wish my Bengals had a little more of a rest before having to take on their division leader.

I would have preferred to swap the Raven's game with the Brown's game. I mean... there's no need for a full week's rest before taking on the Browns.

Dude said:

It would have been my first NFL Network game, seeing I missed it last week.
I guess it is shown in HD on a different channel as well. Double DAMMIT!
Unfortunately I was able to watch last weeks Thursday night game...:(

What is up with all of these bones snapping like pretzel sticks lately? BJ Sams was barely touched and that fibula snapped like nothing. Another ugly injury.

Wow, Gumbel is BAAAAAD. He stumbled through that broadcast last night. Thak goodness he has Collinsworth to keep that crew afloat somewhat, but wow.

NFL Network, get a real play-by-play guy in there.

Dude said:
What is up with all of these bones snapping like pretzel sticks lately? BJ Sams was barely touched and that fibula snapped like nothing. Another ugly injury.
I was thinking the exact same thing. He did barely get touched, but if you watch the replay he turned his ankle just right. I'm actually surprised it wasn't worse after seeing it bend under him.

MAN! Two excellent weeks for the Bengals (I wish they could have pulled off the shut-out last night) and two broken bones. Now THAT is some FOOTBALL!:rockin:

Dude said:
Wow, Gumbel is BAAAAAD. He stumbled through that broadcast last night. Thak goodness he has Collinsworth to keep that crew afloat somewhat, but wow.
Again... I was thinking the same thing. Gumble should just STFU and go do the Today show or something. He's an old lady's man and not a man's man.

By the way, here are the scores after last night's game:

screen.jpg

I was thinking about starting Chris Henry last night, but then remembered that they were playing the Ravens and that would have been a royally stupid move. Was he de-activated last night, or did they just not go to him at all?

the_bird said:
I was thinking about starting Chris Henry last night, but then remembered that they were playing the Ravens and that would have been a royally stupid move. Was he de-activated last night, or did they just not go to him at all?

Henry played. I only really remember Palmer throwing to him once, though. Henry dropped the ball.

Palmer just kept drilling Houshmandzadeh and Ocho Cinco.

-walker

the_bird said:
OK, need some help.

Trying to compile a roster of all-chick-name NFL players. So far, I've only got a couple:

QB - Seneca Wallace (isn't she a tennis player?)
WR: Reche (ree-shey) Caldwell
WR: Bethel Johnson
WR: Doug Gabreil
WR: Terry Glenn
WR: Torry Holt
K: Shayne Graham
CB: Shawntae Shencer
LB: Rosie Colvin

HALL OF FAME:
DL: Rosier Grier
WR: Lynn Swann
RB: Gayle Sayers

Who else? Gimme a hand...

EDITS: This team will be known as the "Bethel Johnson All-Stars".

Adding players suggested...

I hope this guy makes it to the NFL. :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=148900

This is a classic for the all-chick name team.

Straight out of your local strip club.

Holy ****. He's this team's first round draft pick.

My god. I don't even know what to say....

Although, that's not a strip-club name; that's a Bond-girl name (or Austin Powers).

I've read that he changed his last name to "Seymour."

Ideal, of course, would be if he changed his name to "Seymour Lucious Pusey," but I suppose that might have raised an eyebrow or two in the courtroom...

Yoo Hoo! Finally Bush breaks out with 4 TDs! Glad I had him on the bench this week :mad: :mad:.

Outlook is looking pretty good for the gnats as well. Could our commish sneak down to last place after this week (points total)?

the_bird said:
One point, baby!

Milton Berle, man! I just pulled out enough to win!

I lost by 1 AGAIN?!?! FF really pisses me off. I can't believe how many close games I've lost

We have three teams tied for last place with 4-9 records. Next week's the last week of the regular season. Dude's in position for the booby prize, since he's trailing the Puppies and the Gnats by sixty-odd points.

So....

If Dude loses to me next week, he will be virtually guaranteed of finishing in last place by virtue of his tiebreaker spot. If either the Gnats or the Puppies wanted to increase THEIR chances of scoring the booby-prize homebrew, I *could* be persuaded to modify my starting lineup next week; sitting Willie Mo Parker, for example, or Kinta over Hasselback, Chris Henry over Chad Johnson.... make it a little easier for Dude next week...

I *could* do that...

And, oh man, Puppies have got to win next week... I really, really don't want to be mailing homebrew to the team that's made two moves all season and hasn't said a word in months.

C'mon, Puppies!

I have to admit - it would be funny to see Dude in the cellar.

BTW Bird - how many f'n games have you won scoring in the 50's or below? Seems like it's happened way too much for you.

A crapload, what can I say? I've really only had one or two games where I've scored 80+.

Milton Berle, you know? "I just pulled out enough to win!"

I think the scrotums are going to kick the drunks right in the... well scrotum & out of the playoffs! I'll probably be the reverse spoiler this week and put them right back in with an upset of the Angry Pirates though :eek:.

rdwj said:
I have to admit - it would be funny to see Dude in the cellar.

Still pissed about Risk I see? :p

That would make 3 leagues I would be last or second to last. I drafted like a ninny this year.

Guys, don't cheat on rosters this week to help someone else out....I know you were kidding, but....

I'm really bummed about this season. I was firmly in the 3rd playoff spot for a while and hit a DEADLY streak of games. I didn't even score poorly in some of them - just unlucky!

Oh well, next year we HAVE to have a live draft

Dude said:
Still pissed about Risk I see? :p

Nah - actually, I ALMOST won that game. Cheyco and I teamed up and cleared out everyone because he had a deadbeat partner too. I accidentally pinned in some troops and allowed him an extra turn and that was all he needed.

I just assumed you were the pro since you started it.

rdwj said:
Nah - actually, I ALMOST won that game. Cheyco and I teamed up and cleared out everyone because he had a deadbeat partner too. I accidentally pinned in some troops and allowed him an extra turn and that was all he needed.

I just assumed you were the pro since you started it.

Cool.

FFB pro? Pffff....I've been playing for 9 years, every year with multiple teams and I've never won a championship. :D

I just want to say that I've had a blast playing FFB this year and look forward to doing it again next fall. Thanks, Dude, for setting it up.

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
I just want to say that I've had a blast playing FFB this year and look forward to doing it again next fall. Thanks, Dude, for setting it up.

Ya, I second that. Thanks!!:mug:

BOSTONBREWIN' said:

I third it. And it WOULD help a lot if the puppies beat the sailors:D and the Splitters beat the Goombahs, and the Gnats beat the pirates, and the....... that's not asking too much, is it????:D

Back