Fantasy Baseball 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the same thing, but all my points counted. Whereas my oppenent's players were in red and their stats were blanked out once he passed his limits. There is something fishy going on...look at the individual box scores. Some stop at the limit and others say 73/64 for example

I did the same thing, but all my points counted. Whereas my oppenent's players were in red and their stats were blanked out once he passed his limits. There is something fishy going on...look at the individual box scores. Some stop at the limit and others say 73/64 for example
* - If a team exceeds a games played limit during the middle of a gameday, that team will continue to accumulate stats until the end of the day. Stats will not count for any position which the games played max has been exceeded before the gameday begins.* So, if you are at 63/64 at the end of saturday, then you get all your points from sunday, giving some people 77/64-esq numbers. If you are 64/64 or greater at the end of saturday, you would get no points from sundays starts. if you go to the box score of your current match up and look under the smack chat thing its there in grey.

on a sadder note, I must admit defeat :eek: MMGT, going to the store tonight:fro:

* - If a team exceeds a games played limit during the middle of a gameday, that team will continue to accumulate stats until the end of the day. Stats will not count for any position which the games played max has been exceeded before the gameday begins.* So, if you are at 63/64 at the end of saturday, then you get all your points from sunday, giving some people 77/64-esq numbers. If you are 64/64 or greater at the end of saturday, you would get no points from sundays starts. if you go to the box score of your current match up and look under the smack chat thing its there in grey.

on a sadder note, I must admit defeat :eek: MMGT, going to the store tonight:fro:

Yep, I was the one in the red and had I payed better attention I would have left some positions empty on Saturday so I could take advantage of additional stats on Sunday. No big deal either way since I won the match-up.

:rockin::rockin::rockin:

Looking forward to that "Taste of the South" sixer you will be shipping me:mug:

6 straight wins feels preety good right now considering My best player(Either is on the DL) was out, my pitching staff played mediocre at best AND the dirty south Goose Boners' threw EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink at mE!!!!

Good thing it's all about the "W" and not points like Ray from the M80's said last week,haha!

Yep, I was the one in the red and had I payed better attention I would have left some positions empty on Saturday so I could take advantage of additional stats on Sunday. No big deal either way since I won the match-up.

I was in the same position; I had used up all my position player starts by Saturday, and had nothing left but a couple of pitching starts on Sunday. It didn't matter, though, because the Perlicks were crushing me by that point anyhow. Big numbers for the 'licks this week. Congrats.

We definitely have to get rid of the bye weeks next year. I'm on my first day, and it's the 3rd time I went to the site to check the score.

im looking forward to my bye weeks(back2back:)) one is in the middle of bonnaroo so i'll be WAY out of commission for that one:mug:

MMTG, good game sir. I have to tip my hat to ya;) I went to the store tonight, grabbed a 6 pack of 3 of the 6 beers I was planning on sending you. Sweetwater IPA, Sweetwater 420 extra pale, and Lazy magnolia's southern pecan nut brown(to me this is like drinking a slice of pecan pie :))

im looking forward to my bye weeks(back2back:)) one is in the middle of bonnaroo so i'll be WAY out of commission for that one:mug:

MMTG, good game sir. I have to tip my hat to ya;) I went to the store tonight, grabbed a 6 pack of 3 of the 6 beers I was planning on sending you. Sweetwater IPA, Sweetwater 420 extra pale, and Lazy magnolia's southern pecan nut brown(to me this is like drinking a slice of pecan pie :))

Nice. My friend texted me a pic of a bottle of the lazy magnolia a few weeks ago when he was down in New Orleans. I'll be there in October. I'll have to partake.

Nice. My friend texted me a pic of a bottle of the lazy magnolia a few weeks ago when he was down in New Orleans. I'll be there in October. I'll have to partake.
its an amazing beer. they mash using whole pecans. I'm not a huge fan of brown ales, usually because the heavy malt/almost syrup-like taste, but this one is cash:mug:
also, if you're gonna be in NO, try to find some of abitas "andygator"

its an amazing beer. they mash using whole pecans. I'm not a huge fan of brown ales, usually because the heavy malt/almost syrup-like taste, but this one is cash:mug:
also, if you're gonna be in NO, try to find some of abitas "andygator"

Abitas Andygator is great! I love Abitas Abey Ale as well. I'm looking forward to Lazy Magnolias pecan Ale. I've had Abitas Pecan Brown Ale and I loved it.

Stop tantalizing me. I have a couple friends going down to NOLA this weekend. I'll throw those recommendations their way.

Alright Boys, have a great night of baseball. I'll be back tomorrow night, going on an overnight fsihing trip to Catalina island...Hopefully the White Sea Bass decide to bite!

oh Yeah, almost forgot, GO DODGERS!!!

Pretty damn jealous. Not much fishing near me. Only people I've seen fishing here in CT was off a bridge in Bridgeport (not eating anything that comes out of those waters) and a small brook around the corner from me which is right next to a parkway.

In other news, the Mets beat the Phillies tonight 8-0 behind our knuckleballer, R.A. Dickey. SO many good euphemisms. Gary Cohen announced, "Dickey is taking a good licking this inning." Even if the Mets fall flat on their face (again), I will continue to watch just to catch Dickey euphemisms.

The team looked good tonight, scorching the ball all over the place.

Tempting. I'll have to sleep on it though. I'm hesitant to give up Pelfrey. And as dominant as Zito has been, SF flat out sucks, and can't support him (although I can say the same about the Mets lol)

FAWK MY LIFE! John Ely throws 7 innings of 2 hit baseball, gets poor defense out of Xavier Paul(rookie) who makes the same bonehead play in right field, not once, but TWICE IN A ROW to cost Ely the game...paul should get the Loss, not Ely! damn.

FAWK MY LIFE! John Ely throws 7 innings of 2 hit baseball, gets poor defense out of Xavier Paul(rookie) who makes the same bonehead play in right field, not once, but TWICE IN A ROW to cost Ely the game...paul should get the Loss, not Ely! damn.

that sucks man. but hey, good news :) got your other 3 beers from the store today. sadly, the porters/stouts from my local breweries are seasonal and they are not available, so in addition to the other 3 beers, I grabbed sweetwaters "road trip", terrapins "rye pale ale", and olde towne's "amber" gonna geth them boxed up and hopefully shipped tomorrow if I have the time:)

that sucks man. but hey, good news :) got your other 3 beers from the store today. sadly, the porters/stouts from my local breweries are seasonal and they are not available, so in addition to the other 3 beers, I grabbed sweetwaters "road trip", terrapins "rye pale ale", and olde towne's "amber" gonna geth them boxed up and hopefully shipped tomorrow if I have the time:)

I'm a Dodgers fan, so I'm just bummed the kid picked up the Loss due to defensive mistakes by a rookie playing Andre Ethiers position...

Looking forward to the beers! I wish other owners would make similar bets!

My pitching has been brutal this week! I'm just hoping to get back both Vottos' and Ethiers' bats next week...

I am happy to have another high krausen week, it was nice to be up by 200 points after thursday since I was on my way to vegas for the UFC expo and to see rampage prove to be to slow for evans. I didnt think I would have much time to pay attention even though the addiction won me over and forced me to spend a couple hours during the trip to check my FBB points. Im sure 60+ pujols points helped a little. Also nice to see the LA hometown hero ricky romero and pence figuring things out. same for jose reyes. Also nice to know a gonz isnt completely done hitting homers. Hope this coming weeks win comes as easy as the almost 300 pt difference crushing that worked out this last week.

Yeah dude! You have a juggernaut in the works. Two high krausen awards in two weeks!

I just looked at your team. That's downright scary.

I am happy to have another high krausen week, it was nice to be up by 200 points after thursday since I was on my way to vegas for the UFC expo and to see rampage prove to be to slow for evans. I didnt think I would have much time to pay attention even though the addiction won me over and forced me to spend a couple hours during the trip to check my FBB points. Im sure 60+ pujols points helped a little. Also nice to see the LA hometown hero ricky romero and pence figuring things out. same for jose reyes. Also nice to know a gonz isnt completely done hitting homers. Hope this coming weeks win comes as easy as the almost 300 pt difference crushing that worked out this last week.

Lucky you! It also doesn't hurt that you had the 1st overall pick,plus 13+ NUMBER 1 picks in the subsequent rounds! hahaha

I had my worst outing yet last week...

Can I interest anyone in Grady Sizemore? lol
Between him and Geo Soto over the past two years, I can't tell you how many games I've lost.

Going in for knee surgery. Another DL stint, possible season-ending.

Lucky you! It also doesn't hurt that you had the 1st overall pick,plus 13+ NUMBER 1 picks in the subsequent rounds! hahaha

I had my worst outing yet last week...

Just remember that half those "#1" picks were not that lucky of picks and were dropped like joe nathan, ted lilly, michael bourne, or are dl boys like huston street. I have 8 of my original drafted 21, the only ones I shouldnt have dropped are jason bay and michael young which m80s has and will most likely bring me my second loss. I picked up guys like romero, phil hughes, and mike leake of the FA. It was a snake draft so subsequent is not the right word and 12 would be the amount of #1 picks, but whose counting lol. I cant wait til next year I learned a valuable lesson for my first year of FBB, dont let espn auto pick no matter how much beer there is to drink at a st patricks festival. :ban:

hey ray, was watching the updates for the oswalt game on my phone, whe "ejected" popped up I was lost and floored, tell me how you really feel about the HP ump of that game, seemed like BS when I heard more.

Latest posts

Back