Falconer's Flight IPA- mini mash

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezdenek

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm brewing my second batch of Falconer's Flight IPA (from AHS). I absolutely loved the first batch. I stuck to the recipe and was thinking about doing it again but I wanted to see if anyone thought I should make some changes?

I read somewhere that I should try using solely FF hops instead of the Centennial?

Any tips for me guys?

They are appreciated!

-Kat

I did a falconers ipa. I bottled 2weeks ago just sampling now to see how it's doing. It is fantastic. All falconers.

Can you post the recipe? I did a double IPA and a good chunk of the hops I used were FF. Turned out absolutely amazing! better than probably 80%+ of the DIPAs on the shelf!

I've got a FF IPA that's been in primary for about 10 days and I took a gravity reading today. The sample tasted great! Lots of grapefruit and citrus. I bittered with Columbus at 60 and had FF additions at 15, 10, and flameout with about 70 IBUs total.

I'm probably going to stick with the FF for the dryhop too.

Matteo57 said:
Can you post the recipe? I did a double IPA and a good chunk of the hops I used were FF. Turned out absolutely amazing! better than probably 80%+ of the DIPAs on the shelf!

This is for a 2.91 gallon batch. Sounds strange I know but that Is my pilot batch volume. It works for me. You can scale it on beersmith, if you need to.

6.9#- 2row
9oz- Munich
6oz- cara pils
5oz- crystal 60
4.5oz- melanoiden malt

.46oz FF @ 60
.76oz FF @ 15
.41oz FF @ 5
.41oz FF @ 1
1.75oz FF dry hop last 5 days of primary.

Mash at 152 1 hour, raise grain bed to 168 for 10 min, sparge as normal.

I let it sit in primary 4 weeks, forgot the dry hops. Bottled 1-6, cracked open today it's carbed and tastes excellent.

Estimated IBU: 60
Estimated Color: 8.2 SRM
Estimated ABV: 7.5
Original gravity: 1.072
Final gravity: 1.014
Oh and I pitched a 1000ml wheat dme starter of wlp001.

Back