Fair price for this homebrew kegging system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makisupapolice14

Reaction score
A homebrew kegging system kinda fell into my lap and I need some assistance on what a fair price for the system described below would be (obviously id want to verify the fridge actually gets cold before anything). Not sure what brand the taps, coupler, regulator are at this point either. To be honest I'm not fully sold on getting a full size fridge system given the space in my home and current and future bar plans (a keezer or standalone bev-air is more what I have in mind), but I'm not sure if all the other add-ons may be worth it and easy to transfer to a different unit in the future.

Here is the info the seller sent me:View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450112031.332191.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450112043.030860.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450112057.164531.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450112063.516095.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450112071.450241.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1450112080.066752.jpg

The fridge is a small full size (66"x29"x29") Kitchen Aid probably from the 1990's? It is cosmetically beat, but clean on the inside and fully functional both freezer and fridge sections. If I were to continue using it, I'd sand down the doors and put a fresh coat of appliance paint on it. I usually only ran two corny kegs in it, but you could fit three if you built a little shelf. (Diagonal section on floor would need a shelf to make flat) I have a gas manifold that allows you to connect three kegs. (Two on draft plus one for force carbonation). Gas tank and regulator are included and work perfect. The gas tank you just exchange at beers of the world for like $15 for a full one, but this one still has gas in it. Tap handles, faucets, shanks, drip tray, etc. would all be included.
The two corny kegs are fully refurbished ball lock kegs. They look a little dusty and beat in the pic, but they are actually in fantastic shape, sparkling clean on inside. I have spare parts and gaskets for the kegs.
Also I have one sanke (spelling?) tap for commercial kegs (most common style). I liked being able to grab a 1/6 barrel of something if I was waiting on beer to finish. You can fit a quarter barrel in there too if it's the only keg. Never tried a 1/2 barrel.
If you get all this stuff, you will want to remove all the beverage lines, soak the faucets in PBW or some other cleaner, and start fresh with new beverage lines.
I honestly have no idea what is a fair price for all this. If you are interested, make me an offer or give me a couple days to try and figure what it's worth. The fridge is in my basement, it took three guys to manhandle it down the stairs, so if you want it, plan on a furniture dolly and some friends to help, I will be of limited assistance.

I'd prefer not to sell things separately, but let me know what you might be interested in and hopefully we can work something out.

depends on what the price is that's being asked. separately the kegs are $50-60 each, the splitter is 30, regulator 30-40, co2 tank new is 50, shanks are 30 each. all total 200-250 if purchased separately. I didn't add anything to it for the fridge, because it looks like it's in rough shape.

That's just it if you read the post he essentially told me to make an offer. Given what is pictured if I were interested what do you think is a fair offer? Is it worth picking this up for the components even if the fridge won't be used long term?

Latest posts

Back