expanding my keg setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skatensx

Reaction score
I currently have this dual gauge regulator on my keg system (with 4 way gas manifold). I believe it is a brew logic regulator from a midwest supplies kegging system.

I have space for 4 kegs in my freezer, and I am interested in keeping each keg under different pressures instead of the same pressure using the manifold. I am a little confused about what I need to purchase to do this. Do I just add on regulators or do i need certain connections? What would you recommend?

7738.jpg

I have space for 4 kegs in my freezer, and I am interested in keeping each keg under different pressures instead of the same pressure using the manifold. I am a little confused about what I need to purchase to do this. Do I just add on regulators or do i need certain connections? What would you recommend?

You will need a separate secondary regulator for each pressure you want that is different from your existing regulator pressure. You can set the pressure for the highest one at the tank, and step down each one for the other three beers individually.

Is there any way you can compromise and settle for two different pressures? This would only require one additional regulator (and a way to tee it off to two kegs).

Is there any way you can compromise and settle for two different pressures? This would only require one additional regulator (and a way to tee it off to two kegs).

that could work too, just use two dual regulators? if so, what do i need to connect them and does it also have to be the same brew logic dual regulator?

Hmmm....I think when I looked at secondary regulators, they were about the same as primaries....Yeah they are.

What you need is another primary regulator and a coupler for it. You can get them at keg connection. Daisy chain as needed. Secondaries don't require a high-pressure coupler though.

Anyways, what you would do is remove your high pressure gauge, screw the coupler in there, screw your nTH primary regulator's incoming HIGH pressure port onto the coupler, then put your old high pressure gauge on the opposite side. You'll of course need the other hardware that comes with a regulator, a low pressure gauge and a something to attach a hose to.

I am sure that a 2 minute phone call to Midwest or KegConnection will give you all the part numbers you need to order. You wnd up with something that looks like this
7739.jpg

You can put more and more regulators on as you need. You might need another 2way manifold or two, depending how you want everythign attached.

Check the threads. Under normal thinking you can install a secondary or line of secondaries to the primary pressure tap on the regulator. Some of these ports are right handed and some are left handed. Primary and secondary regulators differ in the strength spring that is installed in them and possibly the port threading. Some regulators can be used as both primary or secondary. I have 1 primary and 3 secondary regs. I try to keep one pale, one Belgian, and one stout or porter on tap at all times.
It can be done easily but do your homework first. It will save shipping charges from having to return parts that don't fit.

Back