Everything but kitchen sink NEIPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue_Atom87

Reaction score
Received a few little accessories to utilize in home brew setup and wanted to try them out so I decided to take all the yeast, hops, grains I have and throw them into a recipe (I do have a few other grains but decided on these for this style)

3gal batch size
3.5lb golden promise
1.75lb maris otter
1.75 flaked oats

1oz Mosaic @ 20min

Dry Hop - I plan to ferment under pressure around 3-5psi so I am going to throw all the hops in that I have when I pitch yeast
3oz Citra
2oz centennial
1.5oz El Dorado
1oz Cashmere
1oz Mosaic
1oz Galaxy

I have safeale S-04, WLP007, and WLP 067. Going to mix half of each and pitch.

Plan to ferment at 68F for 6 days then bump up to 71-72 for 2 days. Followed by cold crash in secondary vessel (spike wont fit in my keezer) for 2 days then on gas and let it sit for another week or so. Not sure how it will turn out but trying some unusual things is always fun.

Sounds like its just for fun and that's a fine thing to do every once in awhile!
I think it will come out with a massive aroma and flavor!
"Just because I want to!" is a GREAT reason to throw some stuff together.
Here's a pic I been posting of my last (first ever) NEIPA. It's awesome tasting, great looking and it DOES break a few "rules"!
20201111_154321.jpg

Have fun, man!

Any reason you're not doing a whirlpool? I would throw at least 3-4 oz into the whirlpool and then 6-8 oz in the dry hop.

I actually just brewed a kitchen sink NEIPA myself. I've had good results with CTZ, Mosaic and Simcoe in the whirlpool and Amarillo, Citra, Idaho 7 and Strata in the dry hop but never used this many in one beer. Its really dank, and has a lot of pineapple and mango backing it up. Kind of average as far as my NEIPAs go, but a fun experiment for sure.

0.5 oz Warrior (19 IBU)
1 oz Simcoe 10 min (12 IBU)
1 oz CTZ 0 min
2 oz Mosaic whirlpool (30 min at 170)
1 oz CTZ whirlpool (30 min at 170)
1 oz Simcoe whirlpool (30 min at 170)
2 oz Amarillo dry hop #1
2 oz Citra dry hop #1
2 oz Idaho 7 dry hop #2
2 oz Strata dry hop #2

I usually do whirlpool but decided to try something different

brew day did not go as planned. Supposed to be easy day with work and was exact opposite. Also using new induction plate threw off the boil. That along with really crappy efficiency caused numbers get all jacked up. Came in at 1.056 so not terrible.

Back