Evan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanmars

EAC Wannabe
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Damn, I remember when I was a kid, I had a nice unique name. Nobody else was named Evan. Then in college, way back in the '80's I met another Evan. Not too bad, but he was a friend of my roommate. Again, not too bad, my roomy could just call us by our first name and last initial. Problem was, his last name began with the same initial as mine. I ended up telling him to just call me by my last name.

Anyway, now days it seems that Evan is becoming the new John! They're pouring out of the woodwork. I can't go anywhere where there isn't somebody screaming after their little brat, "Evan, come here! Evan, don't do that! Evan, blah, blah, etc."

Now, I come here and we have Evan's all over the place. Sheesh. :mad:

P.S. It's New Year's Eve here and I'm druck.

evanmars said:
I can't go anywhere where there isn't somebody screaming after their little brat, "Evan, come here! Evan, don't do that! Evan, blah, blah, etc."

Evan, did you even think that they were yelling at YOU??????? :D

I guess I can understand that. I'm running into Lorenas all over the place. ;)

When I was in 1st grade, 5 of us out of about 30 students in my classroom were named Mark. On Saturday mornings in religion class, 6 of us were Marks.

Funny thing, though, now that I'm almost 50 I don't seem to run into many Marks my age-- or even any age, for that matter.

Unless i am hanging out with all my cousins and uncles i am pretty much the only "wop" around!

Cheers

I kid I went to hish school with were born on the same day same year 18 mins apart. Totally irrelevant but oh well.

I have only met one other Landon in person.
I know there are more of us, but only met one.
My last name is Smith though so that sucks. It' s like the white version of Nguyen.

I remember in elementary school, we used to have a Chris A., Chris C., Chris F., Chris M., Chris N., Chris S., and Chris T.

I would've gone by my middle name instead, but it's either circa 1800, or if you shorten it, too common.

Well, Evan, if it makes you feel better, at least you're not Bob.

My husband is Bob, my brother is Bob, my dad is Bob, my coach is Bob, my two best friends' husbands are named Bob. I have an uncle named Bob, too.

Somewhat ironically, I married a guy named Bob Evans.

chriso said:
I remember in elementary school, we used to have a Chris A., Chris C., Chris F., Chris M., Chris N., Chris S., and Chris T.

I would've gone by my middle name instead, but it's either circa 1800, or if you shorten it, too common.

No kidding... I had 4 Chris' & 2 Mikes' in my car once.

YooperBrew said:
My husband is Bob, my brother is Bob, my dad is Bob, my coach is Bob, my two best friends' husbands are named Bob. I have an uncle named Bob, too.
I had a conversation at last night's party with my friend's wife. Apparently her high school sweetheart's name was Mike. Her second boyfriend's name was Mike. Her third boyfriend's name was Mike. Then she married a guy named Mike, whom she later divorced. She's now married to my friend, Mark. Apparently she sometimes calls him Mike at the most inappropriate of times. I wonder why...

evanmars said:
Damn, I remember when I was a kid, I had a nice unique name. Nobody else was named Evan. Then in college, way back in the '80's I met another Evan. Not too bad, but he was a friend of my roommate. Again, not too bad, my roomy could just call us by our first name and last initial. Problem was, his last name began with the same initial as mine. I ended up telling him to just call me by my last name.

Anyway, now days it seems that Evan is becoming the new John! They're pouring out of the woodwork. I can't go anywhere where there isn't somebody screaming after their little brat, "Evan, come here! Evan, don't do that! Evan, blah, blah, etc."

Now, I come here and we have Evan's all over the place. Sheesh. :mad:

I hear ya man (from another Evan).

Yuri_Rage said:
I had a conversation at last night's party with my friend's wife. Apparently her high school sweetheart's name was Mike. Her second boyfriend's name was Mike. Her third boyfriend's name was Mike. Then she married a guy named Mike, whom she later divorced. She's now married to my friend, Mark. Apparently she sometimes calls him Mike at the most inappropriate of times. I wonder why...

too funny!

Uh, yeah, what's with all the Evans? It doesn't help that it's an ambisexual name. I was actually named after my dad's sister. :D

Evan! said:
Uh, yeah, what's with all the Evans? It doesn't help that it's an ambisexual name. I was actually named after my dad's sister. :D
I hear ya!. I was named after my great grandmother Landonia (most people ask if it is after Micheal Landon)

We are naming our son Jackson. I personally don't know any Jacks under 60. Now we have decided on it I keep hearing left and right people are naming their babies Jack or Jackson. Probably going to end up being the new John for his grade.

Lets see, in highschool I knew one Sean, two Johns, three Christophers, two Mikes, three Matthews, and two Daves. None of them were really saints, either. :D In the last 20+ years, I've run into less than 10 people who share mine.

Yuri_Rage said:

This is great! I have either dated, been engaged to, or married 5 different Sara's. Only one in there with an H at the end (they tend to bicker about that) Other similarities: They've all been just a hair shorter than I am, They've all been blond (even though I prefer brunettes), They've all complained (like most women) and they pretty much all found a happy place in telling me what to do.

Actually, I don't know any other Evans at all, outside of HBT. But damn, if there aren't a ton of us here on HBT!

Of course, Evan's my middle name, but it's what I've always gone by, so I think that counts.

evanevanevandl4.jpg

Could be worse. You could be a Dave. We had a nomenclature system for our Daves so we wouldn't get confused.

Canadian Dave, Uncle Dave, Bible Dave, Grave Dave, Ego Dave, Dave-y, Chicago Dave...there were more, but I don't remember them off the top of my tired head.

Back