ETC dual stage controller will not turn on heat belt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antvq

Reaction score
I have an ETC dual stage temp controller. It works beautifully controlling just the chest freezer.

My issue is that I need to ferment at 75 degrees and it's still cold in my basement. I bought a heat belt to make sure the temp doesn't drop below that. I have C1 (freezer) set to 77 with a 1 degree differential, and C2 (heat belt) set to 75 with a 1 degree differential. I have the temperature probed taped to the side of the fermentation bucket as usual. I've watch the temp drop to 67 now and there is no indication showing the heat belt is being activated. If I drop the C1 temp to lower then the indicated temp, the freezer kicks on just fine and I get an indication on the temp controller that that circuit is active. I've plugged the heat belt right into the wall and it does warm up so I know the belt isn't defective. I've also tried swapper the heater and freezer on the controller circuits with the same results. Freezer works fine, heat belt doesn't. The only thing I can add is the freezer uses a three prong plug and the heat belt uses 2. I didn't see anything in the ETC instructions that would indicate that a 2 prong plug would not work.

Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back