Erdinger bottles - Standard caps and capper?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganu

Reaction score
I tried a test cap on a Erdinger bottle and it just wanted to grip funny. The bottle was cocked a little and everything just required a little more attention than normal to make sure that the cap went on straight.

Everything LOOKED normal afterwards.

Anyone have any experience with capping Erdinger's? My biggest concern is of course, the integrity of the seal after I cap everything. If it's gonna vent like crazy, then I'm wasting my time.

Thanks in advance.

G

Forget it. my wing capper just won't get under the lip on the bottle neck. I can see the differences between the American bottles and the Erdinger. It looks like I need different plates for my capper... or better yet, more regular bottles.

Unless someone knows of a way to get this to work, I'm calling it off. I'll just have to rack another day.

G.

(edit) I tried another bottle and figured out how to keep everything centered. I also pressure tested as best I could by filling a bottle with cold water, then placing the bottle in some how water. The temp change of the bottle's water didn't force any of the air out.

More importantly, I saw where others have been able to get their bottles to seal, though they too had to pay extra attention when capping their Erdinger bottles.

I pressed on and racked. We'll have to see how things go; if these bottles actually seal. I have over half of the batch in regular bottles so it won't be a TOTAL loss if they don't.

Back