Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but they are usually pretty interesting and competitive games when they play each other. It will be an interesting finish to the regular season to see who gets in and how gets knocked out.

I didn't watch the Pens/Det game, but have it on the DVR. I'm still hoping that Columbus finishes 7th so that my home team (Penguins) plays them in the 1st round instead of Detroit. Of course, playing anyone but the Flyers is "better".

Disgraceful. Not only did the Blues lose their 4th straight, a top player gets gooned and his teammates did nothing about it.

On the bright side, it looks like we'll have home ice against the Hawks and we won't lose 4 in a row to the Kings this year.

I'll bet the guys already have their tee times for early May.

what a debacle

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I didn't watch the Pens/Det game, but have it on the DVR. I'm still hoping that Columbus finishes 7th so that my home team (Penguins) plays them in the 1st round instead of Detroit. Of course, playing anyone but the Flyers is "better".

I don't know Philly keeps playing like they did tonight and it may very well be flyer vs. pens

Not trash talk but the Frozen Four was the most entertaining games that I have seen in a long time. I may be a little biased because I grew up 5 minutes from Union but both games were exciting and close. That Minnesota game was unbelievable especially for a game that was scoreless halfway through the third.

Feel free to rip me.

Haha

Leafs lose when it matters, FINALLY! The game on Saturday is huge as Leafs and Sens are tied in the standings. Loser gets a better draft pick! GO SENS GO!

Ugh Philly versus rangers for first round. Well at least Steve Mason will actually be ready for the playoffs.

Boy, this thread is really quiet. I only watched the Pens game yesterday (saw highlights on the others). I'm actually glad Columbus went to a 3-1 lead in the game, maybe it woke Pittsburgh up. The game was entertaining, plenty of hard hitting and close all the way to the end.

In keeping with the Drunken Rambling theme of this hockey thread, I am drunk. Homebrew is flowing from the tap, eh?

This Wild-Avs game 1 is pretty entertaining. Crowd is into it and some sweet goals from Coyle, O'Reilly, and Haula. MacKinnon scares the crap out of me; kid has some serious speed and skillz. Wild up 4-3 with 6 to go and it could go either way.

Pulled the goalie with 3 to go?!?!?!

EDIT: Johnson saves an empty netter 8 inches from the line. And Stasny scores with 13 seconds left. Roy rolls a lucky 7.

EXCELLENT game by the Killer Bs, with a solid spanking of Detroit. Red Wings woke the sleeping giant, and when the duck boats roll we may look back and thank Detroit for that.

This series ends with game 5 and Detroit breaking out their golf clubs...

Cheers!

Seabrook suspended 3 games for the hit on Backes. Guess that's about all you can expect in the playoffs. Hopefully the Hawks won't be around any longer than that.

EXCELLENT game by the Killer Bs, with a solid spanking of Detroit. Red Wings woke the sleeping giant, and when the duck boats roll we may look back and thank Detroit for that.

This series ends with game 5 and Detroit breaking out their golf clubs...

Cheers!

Yeah, WTF was up with Boston in the first game?

This was more like it! It will be hard for Detroit to keep up with Boston physically. They will have to play much better defense and play smarter on offense. Tough matchup.

Too bad I missed watching on tv. The radio was all I had on the ride home.

Wild outright dominated Colorado last night, but had to go to overtime to score a goal. Varlamov was outstanding stopping 45 of 46 shots. Wild were playing like a team possessed, just as they had to being down 2. Maybe Minnesota can keep up that intensity in Game 4, maybe not. They do have 2 days off in between, so maybe that helps.

Looks like Matt Cooke may not see the ice again in this series after his knee on knee hit to Barrie, who is done for the season. I heard Cooke has an in person hearing, so they could go longer than 5 if they warrant it. I don't see it as any worse than the Seabrook hit, but the suspensions handed out are anything but consistent.

Another solid game by the Bruins - though clearly aided and abetted by rather inept D by Detroit. I don't think the Red Wings are going to solve their problems in time to win another game this season...

Cheers!

We were without power last night, so I missed the game, but from my phone updates and the news this morning, I am seriously concerned that the Wings will not be able to compete well unless they pull their heads out of their asses, never mind winning the series. Frankly, I thought they would be a bit more competitive the whole series.

I'm thinking it might be a good thing to have the Boston/Detroit series run an extra game to give the Bruins more time to get over the damned flu that's had them dragging anchor before facing off with Montreal. And an extra couple of days icing the Canadiens wouldn't hurt, either.

Why the hell a professional sports player doesn't have enough sense to get a damned flu shot is beyond me...

Cheers!

Glad to see the Hawks/Blues series tied up. The longer this one goes on, the more I get to watch these teams hate each other. It's glorious.

Also, Fleury is terrible. Hilariously terrible.

Interesting game tonight, Bruins came out flat while Red Wings showed a lot of life for a change and doubled their series goal total. Then everything went pear shaped for Detroit and the B's potted a pair late, then score the winner in OT.

Looks like 5 is indeed the number for this round. Detroit should go ahead and book their tee times now...

Cheers!

Interesting game tonight, Bruins came out flat while Red Wings showed a lot of life for a change and doubled their series goal total. Then everything went pear shaped for Detroit and the B's potted a pair late, then score the winner in OT.

Looks like 5 is indeed the number for this round. Detroit should go ahead and book their tee times now...

Cheers!

Ain't over yet! I don't expect Detroit to come back from 3-1 (although they have before), but they might still snag another game. Depends on who's up for the next game and who's thinking of the next round.

If Boston is focused and playing loose, they will easily take the next one and move on. The bad thing for Detroit, is that Boston is a really good team AND they have playoff experience, so I really don't expect them to choke 3 more times in a row.

Got back late last night from a couple of weeks on a Bahamas Out Island, had Game 5 on the DVR, managed to wind through 3 airports and a 90 minute limo ride with a chatty driver and NOT find out how it ended 'til I could replay the game...

First, a tip of the helmet to Gustavsson for another strong outing and keeping the score as close as it was, because the Bruins were raging from the jump and the first period could easily have ended 3-0 instead of 1-0. If he doesn't quickly end up as a starter somewhere there's something wrong with the league. Detroit did not lack for goal tending in this series, that's for sure.

Otoh, you can't win if you barely score - and a total of 6 goals in 5 games isn't going to get the job done. This game clearly showed Boston's advantages in depth and playoff experience - and Rask wasn't too shabby either. For the first 30 minutes I was thinking I was seeing the most lopsided 1-0 game ever. Then Chara's missile launch found the cords and the rest was pretty much history.

And we move on.

I've been following the Bruins for 54+ years now and I can't remember ever feeling good about facing Montreal. Still don't. No doubt this will be a challenge, but I think Boston has the weapons to win this round - if they can raise their discipline level higher than what they showed the last couple of games against the Habs.

While special teams play has been top notch this season it's no panacea for losing focus. If the Bruins stay out of the box I think they take this round comfortably, but if they play the personalities instead of the puck it could easily go the other way.

Game One will be huge...

o-BOSTON-BRUINS-FAN-facebook.jpg

Cheers!

Though Detroit was hurt and playing with lots of young and inexperienced guys, I gotta tip my hat to the Bruins (ouch). I was watching the game at my friend's house with his brother in attendance and they are both Bruins fans from way back when they lived near Boston. I give them credit for not being Massholes about the win. I imagine they must have just lived in Michigan log enough to learn some manners!

Montreal will be a bigger test than Detroit was, but I think Boston should be able to handle them pretty easily. Expect Montreal to come out with more passion than Detroit and the rivalry will definitely make a more interesting series IMO, at least for their fans. But Boston is strong on both ends, they can and will play physical and are talented with the puck. I expect they will win in 6 games.

Habs/Boston is like 50/50, always. If 'Lumbus somehow beats the Pens and the Canadiens move on to face either them or Philly/Rags, they could potentially make it to the SCF. I just threw up thinking about it.

So a ref took a clearing pass right in the mush in Boston, and the fans gave him an ovation when he got up - and another when he returned to the ice after an impromptu teevee timeout.

Columbus fans booed a Pittsburg player who got the worst of a knee-to-knee hit, went down like a shot buffalo, and had to be helped to the bench.

Smahten up, Columbus. Lose with a little class.

Cheers!

So I just got done watching the Pittsburgh/Columbus game. Pittsburgh won it...barely, after being up 4-0. I'm a Penguins fan, have been so since I was a wee lad when they joined the league. (I even had a season ticket when I was in high school.) But, they really almost blew the game tonight...almost like they stopped playing and thought if they just took it slow and careful they could finish the 3rd period without Columbus scoring. Pisses me off.

Columbus fans booed a Pittsburg player who got the worst of a knee-to-knee hit, went down like a shot buffalo, and had to be helped to the bench.

Smahten up, Columbus. Lose with a little class.

Cheers!

Vitale obviously stuck his leg out for the trip. He deserves worse than boos. That's dirty play.

Back