Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vitale obviously stuck his leg out for the trip. He deserves worse than boos. That's dirty play.

Doesn't matter, the guy was hurt. And if you ever played the game, you know stuff like that happens without any ill intent, it's the heat of the moment and being just too far away to line up a clean hit. Been there.

And I didn't hear any complaining when the same play happened the other way in the last period...

Cheers!

Doesn't matter, the guy was hurt. And if you ever played the game, you know stuff like that happens without any ill intent, it's the heat of the moment and being just too far away to line up a clean hit. Been there.

And I didn't hear any complaining when the same play happened the other way in the last period...

Cheers!

I played for over ten years. I know how it gets out there, but plays like that are very dangerous. It's clear it was intentional, and there's no mistaking what you're doing when you clip someone's knee like that. You just can't do that.

I look at it this way. If I get angry and hit a guy in the face, and break my hand doing so, it's my own damned fault. If I get mocked, well, I have it coming, to a degree. If something like that happens on the ice, well, why is that any different? Don't forget he also injured a Jacket in the process.

I missed what happened in the prior period. I was watching, but I don't recall any intentional dirty hit. What happened?

Uh oh. Did the trash talking in this thread just overtake the other? :p

Cheers.

Wild actually closed out a game last night and scored two empty netters. Huh? They still haven't given up a power play goal (I don't think) but have been beaten twice by extra attackers at the end of games.

Game 7 in Denver ought to be exciting. No road victories yet, but theres always time for the first.

I think I speak for all Blues fans when I say, "I'm disgusted."

There's more than one blues fan? JK.

It was super classy how Backes and the blues did not retaliate against Seabrooks hit. As a Hawks fan, I'm a little surprised to see him gone for only three games. When I saw the hit. I immediately went into Wtf mode, citing the Bs hit on Hossa And the headhunter suspension on Torres . granted, Torres was a repeat offender and Seabs isn't, but 3 games I felt was a slap on the wrist.

It was great to see the Hawks Blues rivalry swell now that Detroit is in the Eastern Conference. Should be awesome to watch in coming years.

After Watching the Bruins/RewWings game and the last Hawks/Blues game I have to say DANG those Hawks skate fast. Being a Bruins fan in Pred's Country is kinda rough, but it works out I get to see cheap games because Preds tickets are cheap unless the Bruins/ Hawks Insert playoff team here are in town.

I'm hoping the rough and tough Bruins can slow down the Hawks when the time comes.

After Watching the Bruins/RewWings game and the last Hawks/Blues game I have to say DANG those Hawks skate fast. Being a Bruins fan in Pred's Country is kinda rough, but it works out I get to see cheap games because Preds tickets are cheap unless the Bruins/ Hawks Insert playoff team here are in town.

I'm hoping the rough and tough Bruins can slow down the Hawks when the time comes.

That would be a fun rematch series to see. The Bruins have some talent to boot. Original 6 match ups are fun to watch.

I'm just hoping Colorado doesn't advance. I like the Hawks chances vs. Minnesota better than Colorado.

Whether or not Colorado advances tonight (I plead no!), they are going to be a very good team for the next 3 or 4 years. Adding a top end Dman or two would make them scary good.

Minnesota likes their chances vs the Hawks better than the prospects of the mushy wet golf course, so we're in agreement.

What no Rangers or Kings fans here to gloat this morning?!?

Minnesota wins a Ho-Hum Game 7/Back and forth^4/Spurgie tying goal with 2 remaining/OT winner by El Nino a'la Brunesque' Game 7 OT 2003 goal that ended Patrick Roy's fantastic career. I got about 4 hours of sleep last night as I was too pumped up.

Thank you Islanders for helping us acquire both El Nino and Spurgeon.

Onto the Hawks baby! Minnesota is clearly the underdog, but I think it'll be competitive.

850824280.gif

You gotta love Stoner holding out his hands like, what did I do? :)

Eh, think I'd rather be punched in the chest than the stick and lift to the ol' twig n berries.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eh, think I'd rather be punched in the chest than the stick and lift to the ol' twig n berries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZydlHvHzLTM

Are you kidding?

Stoner hardly touches the clown. Talbot drops like a sack of hammers, and then covers his face. Stoner is gesturing at the ridiculous dive.

Watch his legs just magically buckle. And the face... man such a ********* soccer move.

That's an Oscar-worthy performance right there. A bump in the clavie and he goes down like a sniper victim.

I just realized I stayed up 'til after 1 am watching a hand full of hockey games and can't remember a friggin' thing about who won...

Cheers! :drunk:

Gotta be honest. With the other posts saying it was at the top of the vid. I had to play a couple times till I saw the move right in for t of the goal tender. Ouch....

Sent from somewhere to someone

Old Dino Cicarelli was repeatedly banged in the bag by a goalie he was parked in front of back when the Wings were still climbing the ladder. He'd spin around with his stick raised as if to smack the goalie with it, but he knew if he did anything they would call a slash.

The announcers were having a field day with that stuff.

And yeah, that hit by Stoner was ridiculous. An obvious dive.

Getting fired up for tonight. Waxing a little nostalgic, I found this Gem from the ol' North Star Days.

Willi Plett, Al Secord, Dino Ciccarelli, good stuff. I also remembered I still have ill feelings toward Norm Green. Wish we could pay Dallas to get our name back.

Last edited by a moderator:
So Boston should have about a dozen goals more than Montreal to this point. Bad enough that Price has played these two games out of his mind, our forwards have been taking the pipe when confronted with Price finally being out of position and huge gaping spaces in front of the net. And don't get me started with all the clanging pipes.

Anyway...I have to thank the Bruins for holding off on the whole "scoring" thing this afternoon until I was done with my brew day. I over-sparged the AHA Big Ass Stout recipe and had to boil off a half gallon before the finishing hops went in, hence they had to hold off until late in the third.

That's my bad...

Cheers! ;)

Pittsburgh FINALLY plays a game like they mean it. Everyone digging and working hard and the result is a game with a score of 3-0, but looked like it should have been about 8-0.

ETA: I asked my son (11) who was going to win before the game. He said Pittsburgh. I said really? What will be the score? He said 3-0.

ETA 2: Forgot to mention, Lindqvist was THE reason this was a close (score wise) game though most of the 3rd.

Wow! A first-timer call-up scores the OT winner for the Bruins!
That's wicked pissah!

And we're all tied up!
Wicked pissah awesome!

Cheers! (GO BRUINS!!!)

I have a shirt that Says "Wicked Pissah" on the back with a pic of a Lobstah taken a piss. People down here don't get it.

And Hell yeah go BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black and Gold

Wow! A first-timer call-up scores the OT winner for the Bruins!
That's wicked pissah!

And we're all tied up!
Wicked pissah awesome!

Cheers! (GO BRUINS!!!)

I have a shirt that Says "Wicked Pissah" on the back with a pic of a Lobstah taken a piss. People down here don't get it.

And Hell yeah go BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Black and Gold

You guys have been awfully quiet up until now. Did the (Canadian) cat have your tongue? :mug:

I've got my No-Doz ready for the first and second period of Hawks V. Man/Bear/Pigs. And ready for some Piggy goals in the 3rd.

Looking for some hits and a goal from Cooke in a triumphant return.

You guys have been awfully quiet up until now. Did the (Canadian) cat have your tongue? :mug:

No... we were all just too concerned because we glanced in said Canadian's direction and that glance apparently caused so much bodily harm that said Canadian crumpled to the ice, rithing in so much agony that you would have though they just took a pair of 45 magnum bullets to each kneecap.

... when you're confronted with that sort of scene you're usually taken aback, don't know how to react, and stay fairly quiet.

It's amazing how they never seem to miss a shift though... It's like they have four lines of Wolverine out there... just instantly heal right up.

You guys have been awfully quiet up until now. Did the (Canadian) cat have your tongue?

Sorry, we were all busy.

Momentum Shifts Happen.

The Habs should be booking their Bahamas vacations for next week right about now. The Sandals Resort on Exuma is lovely this time of year, and honest to gawd the entire north end of the island is simply overrun by Canadians, thus they'll have plenty of fellow countrymen to buy the post-golf fruity rum drinks.

So they have that going for them...

Cheers! ;)

The pens were flat tonight. give the rangers their due they played and got away with not getting penalties.

I really wish nbc would get some impartial announcers, it's really sickening to hear Regis McGuire giving tv head to Mcdonagh. what a jerk!

It'll end in game 6

The pens were flat tonight. give the rangers their due they played and got away with not getting penalties.

I really wish nbc would get some impartial announcers, it's really sickening to hear Regis McGuire giving tv head to Mcdonagh. what a jerk!

It'll end in game 6

I thought that it was only an Anti-hawk sentiment. At least we're not the only ones...

I miss having Eddie O. And Pat Foley announcing as a tandem.

It'll end in game 6

Yes it was quite amazing not hearing him constantly talking about how Sindy Crosby is the best player ever to lace up a pair of skates.

There we go, the Big Mo' is now with the Bruins after a solid forehand smash of a game 5.

Love Subban taunting the Bruins bench near the end of the game. Will be pleased to see that dealt with before this series is over...

Cheers!
bruins.png

Is there anything more boring than Western Conference "hockey"?
All that's missing is judges holding up score cards...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cheers! ;)

Back