Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, wtf are the Devils doing? Do they think they get 2 points for a pretty goal as opposed to a regular goal? Brutal, I'd just forfeit an further power plays.

sivdrinks said:
I guess we really are watching different games, Devils are controlling the puck yet again. Yes I know, they haven't scored. Y'all make it sound like the Kings are beating teams 5-1 every night.

The Kings are a defensive team. Blowouts like that aren't what they do. Devils have had some good chances too, especially AFTER I said that, but I didn't even say they were playing worse than LA, simply that I liked the way LA is starting off.

And last game you said the Devils were dominating 90% of the time, where I don't know of a single other person (impartial or even Devil's fans) who thought that they dominated even 50% of the time. So if YOU happen think the Devils are in control, I'm feeling pretty good about LA!

Conspiracy? Of course. Yes, it almost sounded like they have 100 real fans that can read the jumbo-tron. Did you play golf with the Rangers today? You know, cause the Devils knocked them out the other week.

I don't say fore, I say, fish on. And yes, its been goin well......

Love having nothing at stake, other than reveling in the Debbies misery!! Mmmmmmm.....

Northjerzyg said:
I don't say fore, I say, fish on. And yes, its been goin well......

Love having nothing at stake, other than reveling in the Debbies misery!! Mmmmmmm.....

There is something enjoyable about watching the playoffs when your team isn't in it. I was just a hockey fan last year, playoffs were great. This series is killing me. I don't know why they're making it so difficult. And that's it. I concede. Good season guys.

DeBoer, " None of that after whistle stuff ok guys, its only gonna be 3 games to 0". Hahahahahahaha...........

sivdrinks said:
Fixed. Terrible non whistle.

I hope you're kidding, but it's kind of hard to tell when you've been flaunting your devils blinders the last two series. The penalties in this series have been handed out to the Kings FAR more than they have been to NJ. Which is especially unusual when the team is so far ahead in the series and (now) game.

Besides, if things really WERE fixed, I'm pretty sure that a) they'd allow more games to be played, and b) Phoenix would have been favored against the Kings.

I'm not saying the calls have been perfect... far from it, in fact. But it's hardly a rare occurrence, and calls go both for and against teams, and champions HAVE to be able to deal with that reality.

Boom! That's pretty much game over. Scoring 4 times in a night (3 in ¾ of a period) against Quick and Kings defence is just not going to happen.

4-0. Man oh man. The lousy Kings powerplay (the only real weakness they've had) has been productive tonight.

sivdrinks said:
Embarrassing. Im happy for all you bandwagon Kings fans though.
sivdrinks said:
It was great for Ranger and Leaf fans, apparently their teams are awesome.

I'm not exactly denying I'm on the bandwagon (depends on your particular definition), but if I am, I was on the bandwagon well before it became apparent they were going to go far, when people thought Vancouver was simply choking. Having watched those games (and some of the regular season games since Sutter came on board), I knew it wasn't the case and was not only really impressed with their game, but I also really liked the way they played it.

Plus, I tend to cheer for the underdog, and I realize they are no longer such, but I'm not exactly going to switch teams every single time the favorite changes... I'll stick with a team when I pick it. And since rooting for Toronto isn't really an option, I've been cheering for the Kings. Implying that I'm just cheering for a team because they're probably going to win couldn't be more off the mark. You're being a terrible sport and a sore loser.

That's not really an incentive though. I doubt Pittsburgh would take the offer off the table, but competing offers could possibly improve his deal.

Unless Vokoun doesn't think other teams will offer anywhere near that much, in which case Pittsburgh knows they can offer him less because he has no other option. But I doubt it. If it were all that likely, then Pittsburgh would have little need to pay the extra money AND give up a draft pick. Not to mention that there are a LOT of teams looking for goalies this year...

I don't think you understand. He just SIGNED a 2 year $2million/year contract WITH PITTSBURGH. Done deal.

Here's a link to his interview: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633774&navid=DL|PIT|home

While I think this may help them in terms of Goal Tending depth (I think Johnson played well but was unavailable for good parts of the season), the cap hit will be "interesting" as Pittsburgh is essentially at the cap limit.

copyright1997 said:
I don't think you understand. He just SIGNED a 2 year $2million/year contract WITH PITTSBURGH. Done deal.

Here's a link to his interview: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=633774&navid=DL|PIT|home

While I think this may help them in terms of Goal Tending depth (I think Johnson played well but was unavailable for good parts of the season), the cap hit will be "interesting" as Pittsburgh is essentially at the cap limit.

No, I understood. I just don't get why he didn't wait until he was a UFA so that competing offers could drive his price up... especially in a summer where so many teams are desperate for goaltenders. Not all that important though.

But yeah... Pittsburgh can't really load their roster any further than it already is. It's already pretty ridiculous as it is, despite their disappointing postseason.

He didn't really have a great year so there was no garuntee he was going to get a better offer. Also there are alot worse teams to try and win a cup with than the penguins
Besides show me a year when terms aren't desperate to upgrade in goal cause I can't think of any, it is always in demand

Goofynewfie said:
He didn't really have a great year so there was no garuntee he was going to get a better offer. Also there are alot worse teams to try and win a cup with than the penguins
Besides show me a year when terms aren't desperate to upgrade in goal cause I can't think of any, it is always in demand

I already talked about the possibility of him not getting a better offer in a previous post, and explained why I felt that it was very unlikely and shouldn't matter anyways... the demand for goaltending was only a part of it. Either way, like I said, it's not that important to me; I don't really care that much. Certainly not enough to get into a debate about it, much less one that's going in circles now! :)

And yeah, it's always in demand, but this year seems like many organizations (more than usual) are placing a ton of emphasis (again, more than usual) on the need to acquire solid goaltending. Vokoun might not be the most ideal goalie to fit the bill, but he'd still be an upgrade for more than a few teams even as a #1 starter, which is better than nothing.

Emjay said:You're being a terrible sport and a sore loser.[/QUOTE]

Kinda touchy about the bandwagon thing aren't ya? Youre on it, whatever, you dont need to explain it. How can I be a terrible sport and sore loser? First off Im not losing anything. Second, my team is down 3-0 and I'm still here entertaining you guys aren't I? What kind of dialogue am I supposed to have with people that do the Marty chant? They were terrible in the second and third periods, Kings were clearly better and deserved to win. Its my opinion that the whistle shouldve been blown on the first goal and that that Devils more than held their own in games 1 and 2. Oh yeah, dont get all excited if Im not on here much Wednesday night, got a busy end of the week.

No, I understood. I just don't get why he didn't wait until he was a UFA so that competing offers could drive his price up... especially in a summer where so many teams are desperate for goaltenders. Not all that important though.

But yeah... Pittsburgh can't really load their roster any further than it already is. It's already pretty ridiculous as it is, despite their disappointing postseason.

Maybe he was actually telling the truth (shocking I know) that he wanted to play there, that he already had a good relationship with Shero, and that he thinks they have a good shot at a cup? While I know that it is almost always about the money, it isn't always. [At least for me, I am working part time teaching at a college as compared to the old job I retired from which made much more but required me to be away at least every other week from my child.]

sivdrinks said:
Embarrassing. Im happy for all you bandwagon Kings fans though.

Thank you. We're enjoying it. Game 4 is your big chance. Aren't the Kings only 1-2 in game 4's this post season?

rjwhite41 said:
Thank you. We're enjoying it. Game 4 is your big chance. Aren't the Kings only 1-2 in game 4's this post season?

Haha. Realistically the Devils are done, plus the Kings will go balls out to win it at home. I see a similar result to last nights game, Devils all the sudden seem to be lacking the heart they had in the previous two series.

sivdrinks said:
Haha. Realistically the Devils are done, plus the Kings will go balls out to win it at home. I see a similar result to last nights game, Devils all the sudden seem to be lacking the heart they had in the previous two series.

That has something to do with who they're playing.

sivdrinks said:
No doubt, Kings have the best defense they've seen. Their speed on odd man rushes is killing them too.

It's the way they collapse on the puck that's so frustrating for everyone. Nobody has time to make a play.

rjwhite41 said:
It's the way they collapse on the puck that's so frustrating for everyone. Nobody has time to make a play.

True again, I figured with the way Quick takes himself outta the play on saves sometimes they would score on more rebound chances but the Devils haven't been able to get anyone in position. They really blew their chances in games 1 and 2.

Latest posts

Back