Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe the kings are where they are. As a Sharks fan I have to tip my cap to them (as painful as that is). Unbelievable season.

Child. Wonder if the Queen would've stopped that breakaway? Oh wait, the Devils knocked them out.

You said the Rangers would win too.

+1 on these. I was for the Rangers vs. Capitals but the more I saw his posts the less I could root for them. Between his posts and Tortorella's never ending whining and inability to be courteous, I became a Devils fan and was glad to see the Rangers go down in flames.

Last nights game showed two good teams playing tough defensive Stanley Cup hockey. While I don't believe either team represents the best NHL teams, they are the survivors and deserve to be where they are. Either team could have won last night, but kudos to the Kings for pulling out the win.

+1 on these. I was for the Rangers vs. Capitals but the more I saw his posts the less I could root for them. Between his posts and Tortorella's never ending whining and inability to be courteous, I became a Devils fan and was glad to see the Rangers go down in flames.

Last nights game showed two good teams playing tough defensive Stanley Cup hockey. While I don't believe either team represents the best NHL teams, they are the survivors and deserve to be where they are. Either team could have won last night, but kudos to the Kings for pulling out the win.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are not necessarily those of all Ranger fans.....

But most of em.

These are not the two strongest teams playing in the finals but good hockey none the less. It reminds me of the Hurricanes V Oilers year where they werent an amazing team like we have seen in the past (Det, Chi, Pit)

I have my $$ on LA but as a fan want it to go at least 6.

If the Devils don't win Game 2 this series is over...!

Eman24dx said:
These are not the two strongest teams playing in the finals but good hockey none the less. It reminds me of the Hurricanes V Oilers year where they werent an amazing team like we have seen in the past (Det, Chi, Pit)

I have my $$ on LA but as a fan want it to go at least 6.

If the Devils don't win Game 2 this series is over...!

Who are the two strongest teams? Where are they?

I think it's pretty idiotic to say that LA isn't the best in the West when they make it to the finals with a 12-2 record.

I love the bitching about the teams in the finals, "not the best teams, but..", screw you. Hockey has the best playoff system in pro sports, if you can't beat an 8 seed, go suck a bag of dicks.

_

wildwest450 said:
I love the bitching about the teams in the finals, "not the best teams, but..", screw you. Hockey has the best playoff system in pro sports, if you can't beat an 8 seed, go suck a bag of dicks.

_

This!

Whatever, I'm brewing. Pale Ale with Chinook and Ahtanum. My last Pale with Cascade and Willamette was good, not great.

_

Yeah, and I make stupid comments..............

LA was the (slight) favorite in game one, but now that they've won a game, the Devils are the favorite? Doesn't make any sense.

Should be a good game tonight. I think NJ can pull it off (they pretty much have to), but I'd like to see LA remain unbeaten on the road.

That was awful. Why is everyone afraid to hit the guy with the puck coming into the zone? Is that a penalty now. If I was Scott Stevens I would grab Carter by the throat.

bobbrews said:
Stevens would also rip out his jugular without remorse.

I see this in the NHL all the time since he retired. Guys skating through the middle with only a weak poke check by defensmen, crazy.

I get sh*ttalked by other players all the time in mens league hockey for lighting people up mid-ice. Sad really. The rule was: put your head down, pick your ass up. Those days are gone. We want more scoring, not heads up play.

Stressful, I know this game is a turnover away from a 0-2 deficit. I think the Devils are still the better team. Very impressed with Kings D though, they're doing what the Rangers couldn't.

I'm just speaking about how the teams have played so far in the playoffs. Quick is too good. Brodeur will have one bad game and it will get away from the Devils. They won't get lucky enough to make it to game 7 again.

Boleslaus said:
I'm just speaking about how the teams have played so far in the playoffs. Quick is too good. Brodeur will have one bad game and it will get away from the Devils. They won't get lucky enough to make it to game 7 again.

That's fair. Devils have surprised most everyone so far though. And, they did have similar issues with Lundqvist early on that they figured out. I think LA goes for it big time in OT, nothing to lose really.

They always say that it only takes one hot goalie to win the cup. Quick is looking like that right now...but I'll admit, if Brodeur can match Quick it may go to 7. I think the Devils offense has been better the whole year, but LA is finally getting things together on that end.

sivdrinks said:
Not sure what game you're watching, the Devils are the better team 90% of the time.

Devils are playing scared. Their hits are just terrible. They may have the numbers but they're really NOT the better team most of the time. The Kings are playing their game the way that works for them. If the Devils don't make some serious changes soon, they don't stand a chance of winning the series.

emjay said:
Devils are playing scared. Their hits are just terrible. They may have the numbers but they're really NOT the better team most of the time. The Kings are playing their game the way that works for them. If the Devils don't make some serious changes soon, they don't stand a chance of winning the series.

Yeah, they look real scared.

Back