Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sick of watching Vancouver try to draw penalties. It's pathetic. Not the way hockey should be played.

Tootoo just touched Hamuis and he fell over in a scrum at the end of the period. If that's all it takes for Hamhuis to fall over, than he's playing the wrong sport. Hopefully the refs warned Vancouver against that crap and don't give tootoo a penalty.

EDIT: LOL Cherry just called them out on it too....funny ****....

I am so sick of watching Vancouver try to draw penalties. It's pathetic. Not the way hockey should be played.

Tootoo just touched Hamuis and he fell over in a scrum at the end of the period. If that's all it takes for Hamhuis to fall over, than he's playing the wrong sport. Hopefully the refs warned Vancouver against that crap and don't give tootoo a penalty.

EDIT: LOL Cherry just called them out on it too....funny ****....

Totally agree with you. During the regular season I kind of liked the Canucks. I only saw highlights and I liked their style. Now that I've watched several games I am really starting to dislike them for that exact reason. It's not just me and you either, all the guys I watch hockey with/talk to about hockey agree with me.

Vancouver is talented, but are a pile of pussies. Play the game, if you can't beat a lesser team, play golf. And by the same token, shut your face Rinne, dude was 3 feet from the crease and scored a good goal.

_

Well if the Flyers get knocked out going to have to start pulling for the Canucks.

Well, time for bed.

San Jose vs Detroit and Philly vs Bahston tomorrow. I see the Bruins sweeping and the Sharks losing momentum. Or vice versa.

I let my team down by changing my avatar... we've lost two in a row because of it. Don't worry Preds... I'll pick up the slack when I get back to the office tomorrow.

Nashville can thank their "vaunted" defense for that loss. Suter for taking that horrendous penalty, and Weber for watching as Kessler splits him and I think O'Brien. Plus their outstanding show of good sportsmanship when they refused to dump the puck in the zone when Luongo's stick was laying in the corner for EVER.

And why are they afraid to shoot the puck?? They dominated play for the first 6-7 minutes of the game but refused to shoot the puck. Shots on goal 6-7-8, pitiful.
_

And why are they afraid to shoot the puck?? They dominated play for the first 6-7 minutes of the game but refused to shoot the puck.

+Infinity

When Joel Ward scores a goal... something is messed up. All that guy knows on offense is passing the puck.

My boys delay the inevitable for another game. Although a tad offside, that Bertuzzi goal was a thing of beauty.

_

For a goon, the Tuzer has incredible hands. I saw him score a couple insane goals when he played with the Quacks.

No doubt. I went back to having nachos last game and they still lost. My wife complained that I was also wearing pants when they won before too. I guess I better go back to wearing pants for tonight's game.

Must have been pants. Thanks for figuring that one out Homercidal!:cross:

Canucks' main problem is unforced turnovers when they're attempting to clear. That led to 2 goals last night. It's like they caught a bug from the Hawks.

Been many, many years since I've seen a Bruins team that plays the sort of smart hockey this one plays.

Wish my dad was still alive to see it.

Got a friend who is from Boston. He'd be thrilled to see this team if he watched hockey anymore. Too bad they had such a sucky team for so many years. That and him living in Northern Michigan basically killed his interest in hockey.

I've tried to get him to watch the Wings, but he's a Bruins fan all the way. I'd love if the Wings could win 2 more games and end up playing Boston in the finals.

How about Detroit's incredible comeback last night?? I thought they had given up during the second period! Let's see... I had Zuppa Toscana for dinner, then went to play guitar during the second intermission... And I was wearing pants! But I really think it was the Short's Huma Lupa Licious that did the trick! ;)

I'm going to the game tonight Billy, jealous much? Especially with a Wings fan taking up a seat.

_

Yeah, a butter knife.

Tough to lay all the blame on the goalies, however, when the Flyers are constantly out of position. How do you let Chara walk in from the point in a 5-on-5? I love it, but that's just terrible hockey.

Even still...Letting up four goals in the first period...you should NOT be the starting goalie. Boucher is a bum.

Seems Philly rather gave up at end of game 4. Personally I'd rather see a losing team fight it out until the end w/ a goalie in net than pull the goalie.

I like Clowe. Good to see he took the hit like a man. No whining, no spiteful retaliation, he just skated to the bench and waited for his next shift.

Nucks finally finished one out early. Good to see they get a little rest now, heal up the bumps, and get ready for round 3. Hope the wings sharks go all 7 and get really banged up in the process. And hope the bad bounces and lucky goals stay with the Preds, if it wasn't for several lucky bounces, bad goals, whatever, this series probably would have been done in 4, maybe 5.

So does city of Glendale vote tonight to give the NHL another $25 million guarantee to keep the team again next year? I heard the goldwater institutes head lawyer is planning on speaking to the city council tonight. Wonder if he will be giving a warning that they are going to sue the city or something because of this?

I feel bad for the fans in Phoenix. Too bad the whole desert hockey experiment isn't working out for them.

PS: Leafs suck!!

Back