Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brodeur outta position and outta control leads to a goal. Devils still refuse to shoot high on an average Bryzgalov. I'm a Devils fan but was that really interference at the end there?

Brodeur outta position and outta control leads to a goal. Devils still refuse to shoot high on an average Bryzgalov. I'm a Devils fan but was that really interference at the end there?

Probably just as bad of a call as the inteference call in Game 1 on the semi breakaway that led to a Devils power play goal. It was perfectly played defense and it got called. It happens from time to time. Flyers didn't score, so no damage done.

And Bryz hasn't looked average in this game. He's looking like he's playing his best game of the post season.

jtkratzer said:
Probably just as bad of a call as the inteference call in Game 1 on the semi breakaway that led to a Devils power play goal. It was perfectly played defense and it got called. It happens from time to time. Flyers didn't score, so no damage done.

And Bryz hasn't looked average in this game. He's looking like he's playing his best game of the post season.

Bryz covering low, Devils shooting low. Actually outplaying Philly right now. Devils shot selection is HORRIBLE!

It makes me insane to see NHL forwards shoot low when 90% of goalies play a butterfly style. It's unacceptable not to be able to pick the upper corners if your an NHL forward. The Flyers/Pens series was filled with top shelf goals. 2-0 Flyers, game and series.

sivdrinks said:
Out of your post I'm getting that you're defending Torres, not worthy of a 25 game suspension. I brought up Scott Stevens as an example of how and when to hit. That's what the **** I'm talking about.

No I don't think he deserved 25 games. I think that a player must go way over the line in order to deserve that. Anyway, I'm not really trying to defend Torres or charging or boarding. My problem is the fans screaming for suspensions every time someone gets hit. This conversation got focused on past cases because I said if Hossa had his head up he would have been able to avoid the hit.

rjwhite41 said:
No I don't think he deserved 25 games. I think that a player must go way over the line in order to deserve that. Anyway, I'm not really trying to defend Torres or charging or boarding. My problem is the fans screaming for suspensions every time someone gets hit. This conversation got focused on past cases because I said if Hossa had his head up he would have been able to avoid the hit.

Doubt it would've been 25 if he wasn't a repeat offender. Yes, I'd agree with you guys need to have their head on a swivel, at the very least don't admire your pass. SCORE!!! HE SHOT ****ING HIGH!!!

Devils look solid but this is usually when they stop playing and try to sit on it. Gotta be a 60 minute effort (not Dogfish).

Flyers are wasting a great effort by Bryz. They're not helping him out at all. This is brutal. He gave them everything they needed to win this game and they're blowing it.

jtkratzer said:
Flyers are wasting a great effort by Bryz. They're not helping him out at all. This is brutal. He gave them everything they needed to win this game and they're blowing it.

Yeah it definitely can't be blamed on Bryz, surprisingly.

That's why I hate no-icing on the PK... Can actually be an advantage in situations like this.

emjay said:
That's why I hate no-icing on the PK... Can actually be an advantage in situations like this.

Either way, Flyers just didn't play. Flyers got the early lead and could have had the Debbies by the throat with a 2-0 lead. Just a pathetic effort. Not sure who to blame, but the coach and players didn't get the work ethic they needed, and even worse, they got great goaltending from Bryz and had everything they needed, even with only 2 shots on goal in the second, they still had the lead. Frustrating.

I'm surprised that there were 4 different scorers for Jersey and Sykora, Elias, and Parise were kept off the score sheet. Impressed really.

jtkratzer said:
Either way, Flyers just didn't play. Flyers got the early lead and could have had the Debbies by the throat with a 2-0 lead. Just a pathetic effort. Not sure who to blame, but the coach and players didn't get the work ethic they needed, and even worse, they got great goaltending from Bryz and had everything they needed, even with only 2 shots on goal in the second, they still had the lead. Frustrating.

I just hate when a player on a team that's up one or two points gets a penalty in the last few minutes, and even though the losing team pulls their goalie to get an extra attacker, the penalty killers can keep whacking it down the ice without having to worry about icing. Has nothing to do with the fact the Devils scored a goal off of it (though the chances of it sliding in makes it all the worse), just that in many situations it actually ends up giving the penalized team an *advantage*.

emjay said:
I just hate when a player on a team that's up one or two points gets a penalty in the last few minutes, and even though the losing team pulls their goalie to get an extra attacker, the penalty killers can keep whacking it down the ice without having to worry about icing. Has nothing to do with the fact the Devils scored a goal off of it (though the chances of it sliding in makes it all the worse), just that in many situations it actually ends up giving the penalized team an *advantage*.

In conjunction with the no line change icing rules, that could get ugly for penalty killers.

What? This is the only way a goalie can score! It's awesome!

missed most of the Flyers games last night due to my own playoffs starting last night.

Not a good hockey night

:mad::mad::mad:

ColbyJack said:
I would venture a guess that they drowned their sorrows and broke curfew. Young foreigners + hot Phoenix chicks + copious amounts of alcohol= suspension. Haha

Called it!!! I've witnessed my share of shenanigans on road trips... even at college national tournaments to know the signs. Haha.

Well, I just want to say at least Boston is out. I wont' have to listen to my friend's dad lording that over my head every time I see him. I don't know what it is about people from Bahston.

Same thing is true with Philly fans.

Same thing is true with Minnesota fans. see i can do that, too. :p

Philly gets a bad rap, there are a lot of ******** in this city. I'll be the first to say it and i won't try to deny it.

It's just so over done .... the same **** that happens in Philly, can and has happened in many other cities. Don't be that guy.

same thing is true with minnesota fans. See i can do that, too. :p

philly gets a bad rap, there are a lot of ******** in this city. I'll be the first to say it and i won't try to deny it.

It's just so over done .... The same **** that happens in philly, can and has happened in many other cities. Don't be that guy.

lol!

Barnzy02 said:
Same thing is true with Minnesota fans. see i can do that, too. :p

Philly gets a bad rap, there are a lot of ******** in this city. I'll be the first to say it and i won't try to deny it.

It's just so over done .... the same **** that happens in Philly, can and has happened in many other cities. Don't be that guy.

I don't know man. They threw batteries at Scott rolen when he joined the cards. Ive never seen that before and that was definitely not cool.

By the way, Florida panthers fans are.... I don't know, I've never heard of one.

I don't know man. They threw batteries at Scott rolen when he joined the cards. Ive never seen that before and that was definitely not cool.

By the way, Florida panthers fans are.... I don't know, I've never heard of one.

I thought it was JD Drew ? Since he refused to play in Philly, but yeah, there was a lot drama surrounding Rolen, too.

I'll put it this way ... Eagles fans are insane and this is where the "philly reputation" comes from, IMO ... they're savages, Phillies fans have become absolutely awful ever since they won the series in '08, 76ers fans ... not sure there are any.

Flyers fans are typically pretty sensible, we'll break your balls ... but atleast, in my experience, just like people that appreciate hockey, no matter what team your a fan of ....

In a city of about 2 million, going to a sporting even that holds 20-50,000 people, half of which have been drinking for several hours ... is it any surprise people act like jerkoffs ?

Philly has a serious 'napoleon' complex - we're in the shadow of NYC, DC, and Boston ... perpetual losers in every sport ...

I thought it was JD Drew ? Since he refused to play in Philly, but yeah, there was a lot drama surrounding Rolen, too.

I'll put it this way ... Eagles fans are insane and this is where the "philly reputation" comes from, IMO ... they're savages, Phillies fans have become absolutely awful ever since they won the series in '08, 76ers fans ... not sure there are any.

Flyers fans are typically pretty sensible, we'll break your balls ... but atleast, in my experience, just like people that appreciate hockey, no matter what team your a fan of ....

In a city of about 2 million, going to a sporting even that holds 20-50,000 people, half of which have been drinking for several hours ... is it any surprise people act like jerkoffs ?

Philly has a serious 'napoleon' complex - we're in the shadow of NYC, DC, and Boston ... perpetual losers in every sport ...

I don't think there's a single group of fans of any sport in any city in the US that'll hold a candle to some of the football fans in other parts of the world... some of the ultras/barra bravas in MLS are somewhat close, but still so far away...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/apr/23/genoa-ultras-match-suspension-serie-a

A group of Genoa ultras don't like how their team is doing, so they force a stop to the game and force their own team to surrender their jerseys because they're unworthy of wearing them? I'd love to see that stunt pulled in the US.

Qhrumphf said:
A group of Genoa ultras don't like how their team is doing, so they force a stop to the game and force their own team to surrender their jerseys because they're unworthy of wearing them? I'd love to see that stunt pulled in the US.

we should have done that to the blues the other night. Ick.

I love the Rangers, and I love the system that Tort has brought to NYC. But I have been very disappointed in a few of our players' games thus far in the 2nd round.
I won't name names because some fans will get all defensive and sh*t, but I believe that if the Rangers continue to play soft in their own end, Washington will continue to dominate the remainder of this series.
Holtby is terrible with rebounds. Mike Green seems like he only has one lung out there. That being said, they are jamming the shooting lanes well, and catching us on the weak side. They are also springing a winger early to stretch the zone, and have caught us on it numerous times.
Ovechkin should be seeing more ice tonight after getting the game winner on the road. Richards needs to pick up his game. Gaborik needs to shoot the damn puck. Solid defense will win easily against these clowns. Let's Go Rangers!!!
Colby Jack

Back