Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another nice game for the Devils. They seem to be frustrating Phillys offense. If Marty plays just well it's a 3-0 series.

Sweeeet... Kings up 3-1 now.

And they're on the PP again after a stupid DoG penalty by Elliott.

No posts from the St. Louis homers tonight?

LA is just incredibly hot right now. 8th seed, yet they have absolutely dominated #1 and #2 so far. They definitely have a legitimate shot at the Cup... I'd love to see them play the Rangers in the finals.

I'd like to bag on Elliot, but the guy has been aces all season. The Blues, again, play only one good period. Guess they were satisfied making it past the first round.

emjay said:
No posts from the St. Louis homers tonight?

LA is just incredibly hot right now. 8th seed, yet they have absolutely dominated #1 and #2 so far. They definitely have a legitimate shot at the Cup... I'd love to see them play the Rangers in the finals.

Everything right here, except play the Flyers. Think of the drama, battles, storyline of Flyers East vs West.

arturo7 said:
I'd like to bag on Elliot, but the guy has been aces all season. The Blues, again, play only one good period. Guess they were satisfied making it past the first round.

+1. He looked awful last night, but he was so good all year. I feel for him.

As for the rest of the team, they need to look at themselves and ask why the kings outworked them in 75% of the series. I agree and I think they were happy to be in the playoffs and even happier to get out of the opening round. On the other hand, they should mature alot next year and maybe switch some players and be a real force next year. At least I hope so. Right now, we're just the Canucks, good in the regular season, epic fail in the meaningful season.

All that said, I think any blues fan would have been ecstatic at the beginning if the year if you summed up this year. That we would be the 2 seed, set the modern record for lowest GAA, prob win the jack Adams, and get past the first round. Excellent accomplishments considering how bad we've been. I hope they can take the next step next year.

Homercidal said:
I never would have put the Kings on the verge of the Conference finals a few weeks ago.

Playoffs are funny that way. Most people said Flyers in 4 or 5 also. It sounds simple but the team with the most heart or fight usually wins. USA beat RUSSIA by basically just skating harder, works in the NHL also.

It also seems with the winning teams that the team leaders keep leading, they keep following coaches orders, and they stay physical. 16 wins in just over a month will trash all but the best. The high scoring *****es just fade away... grinders start to shine. Reminds me of the Legion of Doom days, eh JR? The Rangers have played that way all year. One goal games. Solid defense. Huge forecheck. I Love This Game!

Homercidal said:
I never would have put the Kings on the verge of the Conference finals a few weeks ago.

Phoenix is winning right now, and I'd have thought them *even less* likely than LA to make it to the conference finals. I doubt anybody seriously predicted a Kings-Coyotes Western finals...

How was Smith's take down not called? I had to look at it twice and it looks like blatant interference to me. Rinne looks better after the intermission.

rjwhite41 said:
How was Smith's take down not called? I had to look at it twice and it looks like blatant interference to me. Rinne looks better after the intermission.

The bigger issue tonight is the lack of goal support. Nashville keeps missing the net on their decent scoring chances.

emjay said:
The bigger issue tonight is the lack of goal support. Nashville keeps missing the net on their decent scoring chances.

You can change the word decent to great. They've had some wide open looks, especially Hornquist

rjwhite41 said:
You can change the word decent to great. They've had some wide open looks, especially Hornquist

The Predators made a big mistake keeping Radulov and Kostitsyn out.... Doesn't matter how good Rinne is if they can't get on the scoreboard.

emjay said:
The Predators made a big mistake keeping Radulov and Kostitsyn out.... Doesn't matter how good Rinne is if they can't get on the scoreboard.

The team is more important then the individual so I won't judge them for that. Hornqvist has to find the net on some of those opportunities.

copyright1997 said:
In 2 more games it will likely be Philadelphia tears. psst, your no longer playing against Crosby.

Pssst, I didn't make the beer.

Yes, Philly has an unhealthy obsession with Crosby.

Someone is a little bitter....sheesh.

rjwhite41 said:
The team is more important then the individual...

Right. And the entire team is getting screwed in order to send a message to the individual(s). If they aren't desperately brought back for game 5, there must be a hell of a lot more to the story than what the public's been told.

emjay said:
Right. And the entire team is getting screwed in order to send a message to the individual(s). If they aren't desperately brought back for game 5, there must be a hell of a lot more to the story than what the public's been told.

I haven't heard much of anything. I also think the message is as much for everyone on the team as it is the individuals. If I let one of my employees get away with something, everyone on would try to do it. Tough but fair is the management style I believe in for all types of business.

I Look at it this way, they lost the first two with them in the line up and won with them out. So of pouting them out looks like my best chance of winning im doing that. they are great offense of players but they turn the puck over a lot, which is something you cannot do against phoenix in expect to win

Pssst, I didn't make the beer.

Yes, Philly has an unhealthy obsession with Crosby.

Someone is a little bitter....sheesh.

Me? I'm not bitter at all. Life moves on. Did three batches of beer this week, watched some of the games, life is good. Watched a couple of the Pirates games (fun to watch even though they aren't a contender), getting ready for some of the local baseball (Short season A league but very fun to watch).

Yes, Philly *does* have an unhealthy obsession with Crosby. Sort of like Pen_s envy. I can tell you that folks in Pittsburgh don't obsess about Flyer's players, not even Jagr or Talbot.

copyright1997 said:
Me? I'm not bitter at all. Life moves on. Did three batches of beer this week, watched some of the games, life is good. Watched a couple of the Pirates games (fun to watch even though they aren't a contender), getting ready for some of the local baseball (Short season A league but very fun to watch).

Yes, Philly *does* have an unhealthy obsession with Crosby. Sort of like Pen_s envy. I can tell you that folks in Pittsburgh don't obsess about Flyer's players, not even Jagr or Talbot.

Im just breaking balls. for me it was nice to get the Pittsburgh monkey off the flyers back, after losing the last two playoff series, but in the big picture it means nothing if they lose to the devils, obviously.

The media here is ridiculous with their Crosby obsession and their overall coverage of hockey is terrible.

copyright1997 said:

It's an obsession to make fun of him. I'd never want him in orange and black.

Didn't see the game today but heard the post game report on the radio. They were talkin about the Rangers gettin the "high hard one" from the refs again. A blatant no call on Callahan and the caps game winning pp was off a shotty call.

F u Refs!!!! Don't matter, well get the next one...........

Let's go RaNgeRS!!!!!!

Are Bettman and the NHL brass so afraid of losing revenue to the NBA that they don't schedule any games on a Saturday night during the playoffs?

Northjerzyg said:
Didn't see the game today but heard the post game report on the radio. They were talkin about the Rangers gettin the "high hard one" from the refs again. A blatant no call on Callahan and the caps game winning pp was off a shotty call.

F u Refs!!!! Don't matter, well get the next one...........

Let's go RaNgeRS!!!!!!

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=Idh1yr1SJNA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

I bet u have that video bookmarked, one of ur faves, eh? How bout them pesky Debbies??

Just saw the lowlights. Clearly Ovi left his feet, no call. And we cant suspend the great 8, can we? Rubbish. And on NHL network, they don't even show the penalty on Hags, I imagine cause there was none. They start showing it then switch quickly to the goal. What a joke.......

Northjerzyg said:
I bet u have that video bookmarked, one of ur faves, eh? How bout them pesky Debbies??

Just saw the lowlights. Clearly Ovi left his feet, no call. And we cant suspend the great 8, can we? Rubbish. And on NHL network, they don't even show the penalty on Hags, I imagine cause there was none. They start showing it then switch quickly to the goal. What a joke.......

New York's whine industry seems to be thriving these days.

Northjerzyg said:

Shut it off, you're flooding the Susquehanna. It is one of my favorites to post for people when they sound like you. You were the inspiration for the lyrics.

Ovie got suspended 3 games this season for leaving his feet. Stop you're b*tching. Devils have nothing to do with your sob story. you should be worried about those pesky Caps.

Only joke is that you're saying the Rangers couldn't beat the Caps because of a few calls. What about the rest of the 55:00 minutes of game time.

You're not even playing and Holtby's in your head.

The Rangers woke up after the first. Caps had 14 shots in the first and only ended up with 25/26. And we had no prob gettin it tied up. Maybe the refs didnt feel like workin overtime so they gave the caps a gift call.

The Rangers got outplayed, it's that simple. I want the Rangers to win this series, but I swear every time a team loses now, especially New York, they're crying about a non-call. **** happens, those calls and non-calls happen to every team. New York better start capitalizing on Holtby's huge, frequent rebounds or they're not going to be in round 3.

I would agree with you if the poor officiating didn't "seem" so one sided. Oh, and they did suspend Ovi "in the regular season" while he wasnt producing worth of d!ck. Second round playoffs is a diff story. Same hit, different story..............

Caps have spent just as much time in the penalty box on bad calls. Difference is, Caps can actually PK worth a damn. Rangers lost. Caps outplayed them. Just like when the Caps lost because the Rangers outplayed them. Quit whining.

Especially since being a "repeat" offender, for the same exact hit, Ovi would have been done for the series. We can't have that now, can we........

Back