• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Empty yeast vials

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtd_419

Reaction score
Just starting to culture yeasts and would love empty vials to store them in.

Thanks, I had been looking at them on amazon and you only get five or six for the price that site has for 15

So when you say "culture yeast" do you mean randomly collect samples from the environment and see what you get? Or more keeping cultures from your commercial yeasts so you don't have to buy slap-pack/vials at some point?

I'm brewing often enough (the same recipes) that I have started about washing yeast, or keeping a starter of a couple strains I use and wanted to get an idea of what that's gonna entail.

Keeping cultures for now might try to culture wild yeast eventually but I wanted to start out just keeping them alive first

So when you say "culture yeast" do you mean randomly collect samples from the environment and see what you get? Or more keeping cultures from your commercial yeasts so you don't have to buy slap-pack/vials at some point?

I culture my yeast by taking them out them to experience the arts. WLP022 really enjoyed the performance of Carmen at the opera house last weekend.

I buy White Labs yeast for the sole purpose of reusing their tubes. Plus it makes really good beer.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back