• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Minnesota Electric kettles, plate chiller, BCS, SSRs, QD's and more

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mnHawk8

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I had these items posted in my 50A panel thread, but since I couldn't change the title of the post, I don't think anyone knew these items were there.

Kettles: they are set up pretty much exactly like Kal's pots at The Electric Brewery, but for 5G batches:
BK -- 10G Blichmann, with additional holes drilled for 1/2" NPT temp probe and a hole for an electric element. Hop Stopper included. I've had this pot for a while and it has seen some extract brew sessions.

HLT -- 15G non brand name heavy duty kettle, dimensions are ~18" diameter x ~15" tall. This has never been used other than for a couple leak tests. Included:
-- Pot w/bulkhead, valve, thermometer, diptube, & sight Glass
-- HERMES Coil with weldless bulkheads with 1/2" tube compression on the inside and 1/2" NPT on outside of pot, and 2 valves
-- Valve with nipple, elbow, and barb for water entry

MLT: 10G non name brand heavy duty kettle, dimensions are ~16" diameter x ~13" tall. This has never been used other than for a couple leak tests. The catch with this pot thought is there are three holes that I had welded shut as they were drilled in the wrong spot. Included:
-- Pot w/bulkhead, valve, thermometer (Blichmann adjustable), & diptube
-- Valve with nipple, elbow, barb, & hose for wort return
-- 12" SS false bottom with adapter

I will also include two lengths of wire to be used with the electric element, but I won't include the wired element (don't want the liability). I will also include the 30A twist locking plug ($13 each), but they also won't be wired.

I'd really like to try selling all three together. When added up this cost me about $1,500, not including any shipping or taxes. As most of you know, this stuff adds up fast. I'm asking $1,100, which doesn't include shipping.

Kettles 1.jpg

Kettles 2.jpg

Kettles 3.jpg

Kettles 4.jpg

I was using a BCS-460 to control my keezer and fermentation freezer. I'm selling the following items together:
-- BCS-460 - SOLD
-- BCS Expansion slot - SOLD
-- 3-4" probes with compression fittings - SOLD
-- 1-8" probe with compression fitting - SOLD
-- 50' of 18/2 wire
-- 4-40A SSRs
-- 6-25A SSRs (2 have velcro on the back of them)
-- 2-40A heat sinks
-- 2-25A heat sinks
-- Silicone thermal grease
-- New was about $600; asking $450 for all of this, excluding shipping.

A couple other items I have for sale:
50A GFCI Breaker with 50A surface mount outlet: asking $70 without shipping
30A GFCI Breaker with 30A flush mount twist outlet. One small issue with this; being a dumb***, I accidently clipped the ground wire on this. So it needs to be spliced: asking $40 without shipping.

Pictures below showing everything in this post, mixed together.

Misc 2.jpg

Misc 1.jpg

Also selling a bunch of SS QD's:
-- 4 female 1/2" NPT
-- 9 female barbed
-- 19 male 1/2" NPT
-- 12 male 1/2" barbed

I'm asking $12 for the females and $8 for the males. This excludes shipping.

Would you be willing to split out the ThruMometer? I see above where you say the plate chiller and parts have been sold. Just wasn't sure if you were counting the ThruMometer as "parts".

Just to be clear are the disconnects $12/$8 total or per? Been needing looking for some disconnects for my set up. I'd need two sets for a ball valve and one to put onto and off of my duda diesel plate chiller depending on how your pricing is set up. Cheers!

I saw your craigslist ad and it mentioned a brew stand. Do you have that still? What's that look like?

Is the 50a GFCI and surface mount outlet still available? I will take them

I will also buy that HERMS coil too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back