Elderberry hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MasterTheBrew

Reaction score
Hey! I was wondering if anyone can tr me how long will a keg of this beer stay good for if there are some elderberries in the keg?

Thanks!

You really want to use a secondary fermenter with fruit, and when you're satisfied with the flavor, transfer off of the fruit to keg or bottling bucket.

If you had to leave it in the serving keg? I hope you're putting the fruit in a sanitized muslin bag or something, for one. And how long can you leave it? Until it starts negatively impact the beer taste. I'd expect tannic or tartness to develop over time. But you're probably good for a month at least.

I tried to keep as many barriers as I could from racking into the keg from the secondary but some got it... AND no I didn't use a bag... Of course I'm getting cloggs in my dip tube as well now. Well next time I know to use the bag! Thanks!

Back