einkorn

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkguy

Reaction score
I am new to GF brewing, and GF in general, and get the impression that at least some on here are gluten-free by choice, so please forgive me if this is a dumb question...
Has any one ever used einkorn wheat? I am a huge fan of weizen, and, while not required to be GF, though my wife is, I have read Wheat Belly and it has convinced me that wheat-free, and GF period, is the way to go.
Back to einkorn: the writer has severe reactions to gluten, and documented an experiment on himself where he made bread with einkorn and bread with wheat. He had the usual violent reactions to the wheat bread, but nothing with einkorn. I was able to find it online and wondered if it would make a good substitute. Of course, I'd have to malt it - another thing to learn - and dry it and all that, which will require extra effort. But if there is a way to make a wheat beer that might not be as bad, I'd like to at least try.
Advice/comments/admonishments?
Thanks!

Got it. Thanks.
I'm new to the forum and wasn't sure how to search

Back