Eeeww! Nicotine beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh, yum? :confused: I'm sure some smoker somewhere might find it interesting, but the ones I know would probably drink a couple and still go out and take a smoke.

wow.... that's crazy. nicotine is flavorless, so that doesn't weird me out, but....

nicotine is also HIGHLY toxic. That have to be ULTRA careful about getting it added in the right amount and mixed in well or someone could literally die from drinking one of those beers.

I just looked around on the web, and most sources quote a fatal dose of nicotine for a human to be about 60mg.

They say these beers contain 3mg of nicotine each, so you would have to drink 20 of them to hit that fatal dosage, but if you are also SMOKING while drinking this stuff... WATCH OUT!

Any bets on how long it takes before some idiot kills himself with this?

-walker

This has a LOT more nicotine in it than a cigaratte does! From an online source:

The smoke of most nonfiltered brands contains 1.2 to 2.4 mg per cigarette and filtered brands between 0.2 and 1.0 mg per cigarette.

A sixpack of this would have more nicotine than a whole pack of cigarattes!

-walker

Nicotine gets into your system almost imediately when inhaled, when swallowed it takes much longer and less nicotine actually makes it to the blood stream. Smoked two packs a day for 18 years, quit cold turkey 5 years ago, I tried chewing tabaco but it never really had the same effect as smoking, in fact I could chew tabaco and crave a smoke at the same time.

Back